Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At this point my 2016 has 8200 miles on it. In the beginning I noticed that it was burning oil, went to my local ford dealership and after much discussion they approved a oil consumption test 10 trips to ford later, A new engine was approved.
They break a bolt on the exhaust while doing the swap and have my car for 5 weeks.

After getting it back with the new engine I notice it not starting right making funny start up noises. The Variable timing rods are not working properly, so back in to get that fixed, of course they didn't have the right part so it sits there for a couple weeks
I get it back everything seems fixed "Yah" pulling out the garage I notice oil on the garage floor " are you kidding me" take it back down and they had cut the oil pan gasket while installing, guess what? they have the car for another 5 or 6 days.

Now I get the car back happy again, Nope!! Still leaking oil but worse and now you can smell it burning on the engine/exhaust, I really don't know. So now I am taking it down again today. I really need to keep my cool

Oh and another thing, the last time I was in for the oil pan, I mentioned that I had a slow leak in the rear passenger tire. They said it was 18.95 to fix, I said don't you think I have earned a free tire fix by now? Apparently not!

So Not sure what to do, but this has become comical.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Uuuugggg...I don't know what to say bro other than to offer sympathies and support. I hate it for ya! I try not to let it consume me (and I pray and keep my fingers crossed every day), but my fear of the snowball effect of ancillary BS like this is 100X worse than the original fact of getting a new engine! Uuuuggggg! Maybe lemon it and do a buy back (if qualified in your state)? That's a hassle too, but at least that option has light at the end of the tunnel.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not the kind of stuff I want to hear before plopping $$$ down for a new GT350!

Sorry though about your car problems. It would make anybody frustrated.

Here's to better days ahead!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Not the kind of stuff I want to hear before plopping $$$ down for a new GT350!

Sorry though about your car problems. It would make anybody frustrated.

Here's to better days ahead!
Choose your dealership carefully. Todd's original problem was compounded by really shoddy mechanics. No excuse for some of the problems they caused.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Todd, sorry to hear about your issues. Hoping you get it all worked out soon and can start enjoying this awesome car! Hang in there! As ringmaster alluded to above, any other Ford dealers close to you, yours sounds especially inept!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1.The oil consumption test, was a pain for sure 10-12 trips down there to check that it was a quart low.

2.Broken bolt on engine swap, their fault for sure, that cost me almost a month without my car
3.Variable timing rods gone bad, not sure whose fault that is, since I have no experience with that, but it cost two weeks
4.Oil pan leak, their fault again. one week
5 second oil leak days later, clearly their fault again. Hopefully just a day

Problem with this dealership, is I have gone down the rabbit hole and...

·
Registered
109 Posts
At this point my 2016 has 8200 miles on it. In the beginning I noticed that it was burning oil, went to my local ford dealership and after much discussion they approved a oil consumption test 10 trips to ford later, A new engine was approved.
They break a bolt on the exhaust while doing the swap and have my car for 5 weeks.

After getting it back with the new engine I notice it not starting right making funny start up noises. The Variable timing rods are not working properly, so back in to get that fixed, of course they didn't have the right part so it sits there for a couple weeks
I get it back everything seems fixed "Yah" pulling out the garage I notice oil on the garage floor " are you kidding me" take it back down and they had cut the oil pan gasket while installing, guess what? they have the car for another 5 or 6 days.

Now I get the car back happy again, Nope!! Still leaking oil but worse and now you can smell it burning on the engine/exhaust, I really don't know. So now I am taking it down again today. I really need to keep my cool

Oh and another thing, the last time I was in for the oil pan, I mentioned that I had a slow leak in the rear passenger tire. They said it was 18.95 to fix, I said don't you think I have earned a free tire fix by now? Apparently not!

So Not sure what to do, but this has become comical.
Just read your story. Literally 5 minutes before I read it, I had placed stamps on 5 different letters I am sending to Ford. I have what seem like never ending problems with my car and being ignored by dealer, customer service, Ford Corp. I am learning that I have to bug the crap out of Ford by constantly writing letters to their corporate office. I address them to the attention of Ford Performance director, Ford CEO, Customer relations and even the names of the persons that signed and stamped their names on my "hand built with pride" plaque mounted on my motor...lol I just keep bugging them. Each time I get a response and hopefully a little closer to help.

I feel for you. My car has been in and out of the shop sometimes for weeks and once for a couple of months. I love the car but Ford owes me one big fix.

I hope things get better for you.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Don't know about now a days but years ago having problems that continued with GM on a new cars motor I finally wrote to my attorney generals office here in Kansas and within a week a brand new complete motor in the crate arrived at dealership to be installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts