Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
233 Posts
If you read Ford's warranty they can void it the 1st time your car hits the track. Any proof it has been raced, like photos or whatever is grounds to void warranty.
Of coarse, as soon as you pull the motor, warranty is surely voided!
Now as far as using some of our knowledge and parts we hope to bring to market, maybe not. Right now we are working with an awesome clutch company to hopefully offer an upgraded clutch.
An upgraded clutch will not void warranty. If you purchase a tune from us, typically if you remove it before service it does not cause problems. Cold air kits, exhaust work typically does not.

I will be emailing Ford today about our trans noise findings. Interested in their response. Meeting with our clutch manufacture today also. Motor has been torn down and we are making decisions on what internals we are going to use. Will most likely be 4 weeks or so before the motor is back together. We have other work in the shop to complete also! I will try to post a few times a week, if anyone has questions just pm me direct.
Hey Rodney,
Thanks for keeping us in the loop with your project- do you intend to post the response from Ford? Thanks

· Registered
233 Posts
Sure.
We had a long wait on pistons. Finally received them on Thursday. We hope to have the shortblock back from the machinist this week or next. We are still waiting on our custom clutch. Hopefully 2 weeks on it also. Think we have our fuel system worked out. Slow progress of waiting. If I had to guess, we should be back together within a month with all upgraded parts. Once back together we will work on power adders. Most likely turbo system. We aasking wanting to one off everything so we can reproduce it. This takes much longer.
Thanks for asking.
Thanks for the quick reply. What did you start with, base, tech, track or R? Very interested in details of your custom clutch, any added tranny cooling if needed. Appreciate all that you share with us.

· Registered
233 Posts
Yes the connecting rods are available so are the pistons. The motor will be back from machine shop next week and I will know the bearings, rings as well.

I need the motor back to make a couple of measurements to finalize the clutch. I hope to have the clutch wrapped up and ready in the next 3 weeks.
Hey Rodney,
Not wanting to sound pushy but it's been over three weeks now...Any updates?
As always, thanks for sharing!

· Registered
233 Posts
No worries, man time flies! So yes the short block is back from the machine shop and everything there worked out fine. I have been busy with customer cars that the shop car has taken a back burner.
I will be caught up tomorrow and hope to at least get the motor on the stand and build the long block. Still waiting on the clutch.
Thanks for the update - yeah, time does fly. Looking forward to your report on the clutch and final reassembly in general...

· Registered
233 Posts
well, sort of

We have been held back by the new prototype clutch. It shipped yesterday. So I should have it in the next few days.
I will post a few photos when it comes in. Then I just need time to put it all back together! Been working on my other project to much!
Will keep you posted if we ever make progress!
Great! Thanks! Looking forward to how it comes together.

· Registered
233 Posts
Hey Rodney,

Looks like you've built a bit of a following with your thread....
What's new? How's the build going, seemed like you were happy w the clutch...
Pics and updates have been promised! LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.