Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just got off the phone with the local dealership's head tech. Over the weekend, I was driving my 350R home and suddenly the engine just shut off. Thinking I maybe might have stalled it, I went for a restart and the thing wouldn't crank over. Towed it to the dealership a couple of days later and finally just heard back.

Apparently, engine had plenty of oil as I have had to put 4 quarts of 5w50 and had an oil change at 2k miles (has 4k on the odo right now) which is not really unheard of for the 5.2 Voodoo, but the entire block is seized up. Will know more by Friday but they are attempting a full strip to learn what happened.

Will update as this progresses, curious to see if you guys might have any idea.

·
Registered
502 Posts
So just got off the phone with the local dealership's head tech. Over the weekend, I was driving my 350R home and suddenly the engine just shut off. Thinking I maybe might have stalled it, I went for a restart and the thing wouldn't crank over. Towed it to the dealership a couple of days later and finally just heard back.

Apparently, engine had plenty of oil as I have had to put 4 quarts of 5w50 and had an oil change at 2k miles (has 4k on the odo right now) which is not really unheard of for the 5.2 Voodoo, but the entire block is seized up. Will know more by Friday but they are attempting a full strip to learn what happened.

Will update as this progresses, curious to see if you guys might have any idea.

I kinda doubt that Ford will allow the dealer to do any tear down on your engine. The dealer will have to request replacement (long block) from ford performance and engine is returned complete (for optopsy). Second times (engine) the charm....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts