Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Kenneth and I live in Central Virginia. I have always been a Ford person although I have owned most other brands also over the years. My first car was a 1968 Mustang and I loved it. I had a 1965 Mustang, a 1966 Mustang, a 1969 428 Cobra Jet Mustang, a 1971 351 Boss Mustang, a 1983 Mustang Gt, a 1986 Mustang GT, a 2014 Shelby Gt500, and now own a 2019 Shelby Gt 350. I have loved them all but this 2019 Shelby Gt is head and shoulders more car then any of the others that I have owned. It is a real joy to drive although the tires are so sticky that they pick up small rocks and you can hear them beating under the car. I ordered a set of the Super Sport Tires like comes on the 2018 Shelby Gt 350 but have not received them yet. I guess that are sitting on a ship somewhere. I also ordered and received another set of wheels like came on my car so I can switch from one to the other at some point. I now have 3300 miles on the car and hope to put a 100,000 miles on it. The cars are great and so much fun to play with. Looking forward to hearing from all of you. My Daughter also likes Fords and she has a 2018 Shelby Gt 350 and after driving hers I had to have one. She has a blue one with white strips so got a white one with blue strips. The day I purchased mine we put them side by side and took pictures of them, so cool.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a similar background of Mustang ownership. I had a 2007, 2011, and a 2013 GT500. I enjoyed all three. I now have a 2019 GT350 and as you stated, I enjoy it's character and abilities far more than the past three GT500's. It's a keeper! I have 17K on it and drive it whenever the weather permits. The GT350 is a car that is so well balanced, and the engine, transmission, steering, suspension, and brakes all seem to complement each other far better than my past GT500's. I also bought another set of stock wheels with Michelin A/S 3's mounted and I run those during the cold months. My stock Cup 2's are about worn out and I'll be replacing them with the Michelin PS 4 S's this Spring. I'm going to the 4 S's due to the tramlining characteristics of the Cup 2 tires. Cup 2's have fantastic adhesion, but with the crappy roads in our area, it's a challenge! The 4 S's have almost the same traction with no tramlining.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are 100% correct about the car pulling about on rough roads. My Daughter's 2018 has the Super Sports and it does not do that. This is another reason I have another set of wheels so I can have a set of each mounted on wheels. This said, I love the car and really enjoy every time I get in it. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Race Red/White Stripes- Handling and tech packages, Recaros, Carbon Fiber IP
142 Posts
Need pics of father/daughter GT350s. 😁

Welcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts