Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
both stock, both on street tires.
Pretty close, the Camaro takes it but not by much.
The Shelby driver gets a better launch, at first I thought it was a jump start but if you look at the lights it's not.
Good run.

[video=youtube;KLRDEJJ3nkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLRDEJJ3nkU&feature=push-fr&attr_tag=OTYRG3XDeSpwPo8t-6[/video]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Pretty close, the Camaro takes it but not by much.
It wasn't that close with the Camaro at 11.84 and the Shelby at 12.67!

Over 8 tenths of a second in the 1/4 mile is pretty big gap. The camera angle must've made it look a lot closer than it really was.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It wasn't that close with the Camaro at 11.84 and the Shelby at 12.67!
the ZL1 has 650hp so I'd call that a pretty good run for the GT350, he got a really good launch too.
but yeah I wouldn't expect the GT350 to win there, just a good run.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I’ve been on the track with the Camero’s and the HP difference means nothing. They do handle better than the Hellcats, you push any Hellcat in the straight away and they’ll be in the weeds on the first turn. HP means nothing.

And Terry, doesn’t look like your driving your bikes in a street line either...

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think the GT350 driver launched and thought he fouled and stopped for a brief moment then continued on. You can hear the engine cut off for a brief moment. Anyways, fun to watch.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And Terry, doesn’t look like your driving your bikes in a street line either...
I sure drove in a straight line when I did this run :D
but yeah to your point I'm a roadracer and I bought a car built for that same purpose.
I also could care less abut it's drag stats, but match ups like this one on the video are still interesting to see.

I think the GT350 driver launched and thought he fouled and stopped for a brief moment then continued on. You can hear the engine cut off for a brief moment. Anyways, fun to watch.
I think you are referring to the Camaro aren't you? your description is exactly what I saw the Camaro do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts