Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to buy a 2018 GT350 with under 10K miles.
The car is in immaculate shape but I keep reading about these cars blowing the engines.
Is the 2018 one of the years with issues? It scares me as the powertrain warranty I believe would be up next year and if the engine went that would be no fun....
Also anyone here know of a extended warranty that's affordable?

Thank you,

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have an opportunity to buy a 2018 GT350 with under 10K miles.
The car is in immaculate shape but I keep reading about these cars blowing the engines.
Is the 2018 one of the years with issues? It scares me as the powertrain warranty I believe would be up next year and if the engine went that would be no fun....
Also anyone here know of a extended warranty that's affordable?

Thank you,
No one can help you with this decision. Most here are fans -- some are not. Yes, a fair number of engines have had problems, but a far, far larger number have not. Some have been awesome for well over 50k miles... If this issue is a concern (everyone's really) then budget some extra money for a extended warranty. If you were to buy the 2018 mentioned you'd have plenty of time to set aside the money. (I assume) Stick to a Ford EW and if possible -- buy from the local dealer who you'll be using for service. Ask lot's of questions about the warranty with whoever you buy it from... cover it all... What if this happens, what if that happens, etc, etc... From what I understand the Ford ESP is pretty good. I have an aftermarket extended service contract and they have been okay for the most part. A complete rotating assembly might be a bit of a fight for me, but I have it in writing and a lawyer in the family. :)

Lastly you need to get all service records, a Ford Oasis report on the car and try to talk about (again) everything you can think of when discussing the car with the dealer or current owner.

Good ones are out there so don't let pressure sway any decision.

Let us know how it turns out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts