Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m posting because I see a few people on the site right now... and I’m HOPING someone can answer/assist. Same issue with my 2017 Shelby again and I really don’t believe Ford. I’ve had to take it there twice for the same problem and both times they came up with different solutions. It’s hard to explain it on hear without the video but around May (and it’s NOT cold in San Antonio, Texas) I would hear this noise like there was something stuck in the cooling fan when I would start it. It’s not a tick tick tick, it’s not a rattling sound it’s not a rapping sound. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t. The second time it was at the dealership is when the TSB 46173. Now here is my question to you guys...if you take a random regular car to the shop because there is a sound coming from the engine aren’t the mechanics able to diagnose piston slap as the problem???? I don’t understand why they couldn’t diagnose a problem within the ten days they had my car but this magical piece of paper saved the day. I would LOVE to post the video of my Diesel engine but it didn’t work.. Does ANYONE have an answer???

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mine sounded like a whining noise. It would also come and go, until it started not cooling. I took it in back in April, they said it was a compressor internal failure. Then it stopped cooling again last month. It matched the TSB 46173, they replaced the evap, this time. Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, then YOU were the other Shelby they were talking about. Well a word of advice, I WOULD NOT TAKE MY SHELBY TO MCCOMBS FORD WEST! I took my there TWICE for the same problem and GOT TWO DIFFERENT ANSWERS!! I still don’t know what’s wrong with it. Red McComb is where I bought my first Mustang so maybe I’ll try them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m posting because I see a few people on the site right now... and I’m HOPING someone can answer/assist. Same issue with my 2017 Shelby again and I really don’t believe Ford. I’ve had to take it there twice for the same problem and both times they came up with different solutions. It’s hard to explain it on hear without the video but around May (and it’s NOT cold in San Antonio, Texas) I would hear this noise like there was something stuck in the cooling fan when I would start it. It’s not a tick tick tick, it’s not a rattling sound it’s not a rapping sound. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t. The second time it was at the dealership is when the TSB 46173. Now here is my question to you guys...if you take a random regular car to the shop because there is a sound coming from the engine aren’t the mechanics able to diagnose piston slap as the problem???? I don’t understand why they couldn’t diagnose a problem within the ten days they had my car but this magical piece of paper saved the day. I would LOVE to post the video of my Diesel engine but it didn’t work.. Does ANYONE have an answer???
Good look OP! Sorry for the troubles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts