Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 GT350 Shadow Black/Blue stripes
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself and join the club! Drove home a 2017 Shadow Black with Blue stripes yesterday. Has 9,300 miles and appears to be very well cared for. It's the little things that demonstrate that like , multiple car covers, additional set of rims/tires, ceramic coating all around, etc. I'm pretty OCD myself with cars, so I appreciate others taking car of their machine. I've owned multiple mustangs and sports cars over the year including German and Japan manuf. Traded in my Mk6 Golf R that I bought new in 2012. The Shelby was the first car that really made me want to let go of the golf. Luckily it wont be a daily driver as I have raptor for that. Plus still slowly rebuilding my 87 t-top fox. So now I need to distribute the wealth of new parts across them all :)

Overall, happy with the balance and drive of the car. Had an hour and half ride home to get acquainted with her. Trying to remind myself on how to drive a non-boosted car and this new crazy rpm power band. Completely different delivery of peak power. Plan to hold onto this one for awhile.

Have to mention the small "thud" in the rear when shifting into first from low speed/complete stop. I have seen mixed feelings of "normal" and possible sway links bent. Will get it up on the lift to inspect. My previous 03 Cobra had the "clunk" of the IRS....thought Ford corrected it. Either way, its a performance car, not a Buick...so there's some trade offs.

See you all around!

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle
Watch Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Registered
2017 GT350 Shadow Black/Blue stripes
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry all, posted this in the wrong area. Just found the "intro" section. Apologies. Appreciate the warm welcome.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to the club! I also had a hot hatch before the 350, a Fiesta ST. Not quite the same caliber as the Golf R though. Although my wife has always had mustangs, I never had one until the 350. You probably already know this...It's an awesome car, will bring you many smiles per mile like the rest of us!

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Race Red/White Stripes- Handling and tech packages, Recaros, Carbon Fiber IP
105 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts