Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Gt350: Orange "wrench logo' and 'service powertrain immediately' notification

My 2017 Shelby GT 350 base model: After attempting to engage cruise control the orange 'wrench' logo with 'service power-train' warning appeared and the system went into 'limp' mode immediately. I got it home, and then waited until the next day to attempt a re-start. The car started and ran perfectly, but no cruise-control.

It was delivered to the local Ford dealer for warranty repair on June 3rd, and entered the shop June 6th. A cruise-control switch was first installed, then a new throttle-body, and finally an E.C.U. Nothing worked, and Ford has since admitted in writing they 'have no idea' what's wrong So, after forty-plus days they were notified I was invoking the Maryland Lemon Law(after three tries and thirty days I'm eligible), which I did not wish to do. I simply wanted the car fixed.

Over seventeen emails have been exchanged between me, the Service Department, and the dealership owner; copies have been sent to my participating law firm. After they were notified of legal action the Ford dealer has been non-responsive, and all 'update' inquiries have been ignored. If anyone has an actual phone number or contact information for the Maryland Area Ford Service representative I'd be most grateful. Ford Corporate will not provide it, neither will the local dealer. At this point all I want is a progress update; will/can they fix it? Thanks for allowing me to whine..!

·
Registered
123 Posts
You need to contact the consumers affair office in Md.

Consumer Protection Division

They act pretty quickly. I got scammed by Golds many years ago when they folded and were bought out, and the new owners wanted to cancel my so-called lifetime membership.....The Consumers office helped me and others get remediation.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Did you contact them looking for the info or did your attorney? If you've notified them of legal action, I can see why they are avoiding you; you've been blacklisted company wide, lol. They may be resorting to attorney to attorney communications. Have your attorney call and request the info...I'd be surprised if that didn't net some better results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts