Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting for a friend, who had his car stolen. Car was stolen from a business warehouse located in Syosset, NY. This was the second allocation for a dealership in Durand Illinois back in 2016. I bought the first. I’ll get more details soon. Keep me posted. Thanks again everyone.
Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Plant

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
110 Posts
This is disturbing, as I live on LI also. Was it being stored there? I can't imagine someone breaking in, starting it, and no one hears it.
I'll keep an eye out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is disturbing, as I live on LI also. Was it being stored there? I can't imagine someone breaking in, starting it, and no one hears it.
I'll keep an eye out.
The car was stored at his business in Syosset. Automotive based facility, that does custom work. The thieves broke in, and “found” it. They “worked” rather quickly, at 4:00 am. They moved customer cars in order to steal the Shelby. He had bought it for a 40 birthday gift for himself. Had plans to leave the car to his son. Thanks again for all your help.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Where was the security system and cameras? If you work on custom cars, you better have a high end security system with lots of cameras.Doesn't bode well for customers confidence to bring their cars there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where was the security system and cameras? If you work on custom cars, you better have a high end security system with lots of cameras.Doesn't bode well for customers confidence to bring their cars there.
They thieves were caught on CCTV with audio. Police were called, when alerted about break in (via App). By the time the police arrived, Shelby was gone. You can hear and see the entire thing. Took less than 5 minutes to steal the car. I would guess it’s either in a container, or stripped of drivetrain… I believe it is chassis #1660.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't know about the 2016's, but with my 2019, and the Fordpass app, it will tell me the location of the car anywhere. At least until they disable the modem in the car. Any such thing in the 2016's?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts