Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the differences in the 2016 vs 2017/18? If I can get a good deal on one, am I missing out on something good (like the ability to track it without going into limp mode :) )?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the basic differences - I think I can get the Technology package and get everything a 2017 has except for the diff and transmission coolers. My question could have been more clear. Does anyone know if there are any specific problems between the 2016s and 2017+s? Also, how big a deal is the lack of the extra coolers if you are not tracking often or at all?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I know the basic differences - I think I can get the Technology package and get everything a 2017 has except for the diff and transmission coolers. My question could have been more clear. Does anyone know if there are any specific problems between the 2016s and 2017+s? Also, how big a deal is the lack of the extra coolers if you are not tracking often or at all?
2016’s used the spin on oil filter. This had rumors of loosening up, Ford changed it to a Canister style in 2017. The lack of the extra coolers (no track pack in a 2016) isn’t a problem if you don’t plan of any performance driving, but why buy the car if you don’t? This car is a performance car designed to track, no track no fun. I think shopping for a 2017 saves a lot of disappointment down the road. Ford just comitted to making the car til 2020, Deals should be able to be found out there ona 2017 or later, good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2016’s used the spin on oil filter. This had rumors of loosening up, Ford changed it to a Canister style in 2017. The lack of the extra coolers (no track pack in a 2016) isn’t a problem if you don’t plan of any performance driving, but why buy the car if you don’t? This car is a performance car designed to track, no track no fun. I think shopping for a 2017 saves a lot of disappointment down the road. Ford just comitted to making the car til 2020, Deals should be able to be found out there ona 2017 or later, good luck.

Just what I was looking for, Jim - thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bought a 2016 Tech a few months ago and couldn't be happier. I run it fairly hard through the canyons here every once in a while and haven't had any heat issues. I bought the car as not my fun car but as a daily driver. Since my 66' is my fun car I wanted the power seats etc of the Tech Pack. And it does a great job of making the commute very entertaining. I have had AC evap issues, and I am using a quart of oil every 250 miles or so. Both of which ford is taking car of. So I would say find one you like, make sure it has warranty coverage and have fun. If this is a part time track weapon/toy then I would recommend the track package. If this is a fun way to run to the grocery store and go to work/ aka a sorta daily then tech all the way. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, all.

As an update, I bought a new '18 with convenience package for a couple grand more than what my dealer wanted for a 2016.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello to you all , I recently bought my 2018 gt 350 from a dealer was looking under the hood pretty good and noticed not a factory wire loom going from fuse box across radiator up driver side inner fender threw firewall and goes into kick panel I’ll post some pics if anyone could tell me what they think this is would be I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don’t think anyone can give you a real answer. All anyone can tell is that you have a relay switching power from the fuse box to something inside. There must be some aftermarket device in the vehicle, whether it be ICE (in car entertainment, convenience), lighting, security, radar detector, or performance. I came from Subaru world so don’t know every detail of modifying the car (yet).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts