GT350.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
btw, mine is the white with blue stripe tech package just as shown above...love this beasty beauty!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Stingray is no problem. A well driven Grand Sport can be hard to beat in the twisty parts. A well driven Z06 is a rocket. The key term is "well driven". The posers in Vettes, Vipers, Ferraris, etc. are easy. The track has a way of sorting them out.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I considered the Stingray when looking at the Shelby. I decided I wouldn’t be happy with a standard model (slightly more $$ than Shelby), the power in the Stingray didn’t empress me, the Z01 was closest to my desire in its too much.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think you made a better choice. The 5.2L sounds the best out of all manufactures currently developing cars except for the Aston Martin Vulcan.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The base Stingray will stick with the GT350 no problem, the R will give it trouble in the braking zones. The Grand Sport and Z06 will blow the GT350R out of the water driver for driver, just different class vehicles. I would like the Shelby 550 for that fight.

·
Registered
90 Posts
As some of the previous posts noted, the Stingray/GS models are not difficult to keep ahead of. The only ones I can't keep up with are the Z06's. I typically track at Sebring, and have no issues staying ahead of the vettes. I just have a baseline GT350 but plan on throwing a set of the R wheels when I get the money saved up. Starting to wonder if the GT500 is gonna be the Z06 eater. Time will tell.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Throw something like a Roush supercharger or twin turbo's on a GT350 you will be waving goodbye to the Corvette owner as you pull away.
Yea considering a GT350 and ZL1 driven by Randy Pobst only had a difference of 1.5 secs in lap times, I'd say it's a good guess throwing a supercharger or twin turbos on a 350 will allow you to leave corvettes in the rear mirror. You might have an argument with the Z06, but that's it. And yes I know the ZL1 is a Camaro, but it runs the same 650 HP engine as the Z06, so I would say it's at least similar in comparison.

This is also why I am curious about how the GT500 is going to turn out. Exciting times.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As some of the previous posts noted, the Stingray/GS models are not difficult to keep ahead of. The only ones I can't keep up with are the Z06's. I typically track at Sebring, and have no issues staying ahead of the vettes. I just have a baseline GT350 but plan on throwing a set of the R wheels when I get the money saved up. Starting to wonder if the GT500 is gonna be the Z06 eater. Time will tell.
I'm no pro but I am SCCA licensed. If you look at the lateral G specs and braking of the two, the stingray GS/Z06 will reel the GT350R in, in the corners and braking zones. If the Stingray GS beats the Z/28 and the Z is a handful to say the least for the GT350R, then you must have seen bad drivers on the track, which are numerous compared to good ones. I am a Ford and Chevy fan, but let's be realistic when we compare the two. The big boy Shelby competes with the Non base stingray.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Although I own Mustangs, but I am also a huge Chevy fan. Back in the days, if you owned a Corvette, you were the king and if you owned Camaros, Mustangs, Firebirds, etc... you owned a poor man's Corvette. Nowadays, Some of these Camaros out gun the Corvette. Having said that, there is nothing that even remotely comes close to the music of the Voodoo engines.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Although I own Mustangs, but I am also a huge Chevy fan. Back in the days, if you owned a Corvette, you were the king and if you owned Camaros, Mustangs, Firebirds, etc... you owned a poor man's Corvette. Nowadays, Some of these Camaros out gun the Corvette. Having said that, there is nothing that even remotely comes close to the music of the Voodoo engines.
I love that flat plan crank, it makes all the sound difference. Do you think they skipped to cross plan crank on the new GT500 for boost reasons? I think it takes away from that voodoo magic.

·
Registered
25 Posts
GT350: competitive at the track, fabulous daily driver, sounds amazing, lots of groceries in the back, and I can pick up the kids from school in an emergency. Shelby all day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts