Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an opportunity to buy a 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 fastback - NOT numbers matching. Restored in 2009 with less than 3000 miles on the build. 351 Windsor V8 with 5 speed manual. Looks very clean inside and out. As this would be my first muscle car purchase I am wondering what a fair price would be? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Most folks would need to see a few pictures - restored is a broad statement - a legit Shelby would prolly been a full nut/bolt frame off - and the proper wheels, lights, chrome, brakes, glass, pans, and so on. However the parts are so available that I have seen several fastbacks with Shelby emblems with proud owners of clones. Do you have the bill of sale? Details of restoration?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most folks would need to see a few pictures - restored is a broad statement - a legit Shelby would prolly been a full nut/bolt frame off - and the proper wheels, lights, chrome, brakes, glass, pans, and so on. However the parts are so available that I have seen several fastbacks with Shelby emblems with proud owners of clones. Do you have the bill of sale? Details of restoration?
Some digging tells me that your suspicion is most likely correct - 67 fastback with Shelby badging.

Next question - what is a good price for a beautifully restored 67 fastback with the story above? Honestly I'd rather not have the Shelby badging but the restoration seems very well done and I like the mechanics. Might need to search a different forum I suppose...

·
Administrator
1965 Mustang
72 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts