Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m hearing a loud tapping sound coming from the engine :eek:. It is really loud on the drivers side close to the front tire. I took it to the dealership and they said it sounds like lifters and or rods. I would have to bring it in to be diagnosed for sure. They can’t see my GT350 until next week. :cry:. I’m shopping around to find a good Ford dealership/mechanic that knows and have worked on the GT350’s engine but around here where I live and or in close proximity it is very difficult. Does anyone live near Montgomery, Alabama / Columbus, Georgia a rear that could suggest a good Ford tech? And has anyone heard or have had this problem with their GT350? HELP!

·
Registered
2019 GT350 Shadow Black/White Stripes
126 Posts
Need more info. Mileage, how do you drive it, etc? And did you check the vin# to see if it falls under the timing chain TSB issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need more info. Mileage, how do you drive it, etc? And did you check the vin# to see if it falls under the timing chain TSB issue?
I didn’t know about the TSB TCI

It has 67k purchased at 35k I baby it and or spirited driving, no track days. All services done on time. Using Amsoil and filter FL2087.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn’t know about the TSB TCI

It has 67k purchased at 35k I baby it and or spirited driving, no track days. All services done on time. Using Amsoil and filter FL2087.
Oh… I remember now… my TC is activated and my 350 does not fall in that build year. Mines was built May 10, 2019

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, we may very well find out together because mine just started doing it as well! I have a 17 gt350 with 5300 "spirited miles" on it. No open tracking yet. I was very careful to break it in proper. I have no glutinous oil consumption either.

I will be bringing it to the dealership on Monday to get an idea of where it stands. I've never had anyone work on my cars besides me so I'm chomping at the bit to get this diagnosed. I want to pull the filter and valve cover, but my friend has talked me into leaving it alone since it's still under warranty.

This happened two weeks ago tomorrow, but it took me a week just to find a dealership that said they would take heavy engine work. So good luck finding someone. I'm about five hours from Montgomery down in Baton Rouge.

I will try to attach a pic and video.

Chris.

Liquid Water Wood Writing implement Tints and shades

Just over 2000 miles since second change.

I hope this works. Below is a link to 36 seconds of agonizing video. I haven't run it more than 2-3min, but 100psi at cold idle and 75 once she backs down.
Start up with tap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, we may very well find out together because mine just started doing it as well! I have a 17 gt350 with 5300 "spirited miles" on it. No open tracking yet. I was very careful to break it in proper. I have no glutinous oil consumption either.

I will be bringing it to the dealership on Monday to get an idea of where it stands. I've never had anyone work on my cars besides me so I'm chomping at the bit to get this diagnosed. I want to pull the filter and valve cover, but my friend has talked me into leaving it alone since it's still under warranty.

This happened two weeks ago tomorrow, but it took me a week just to find a dealership that said they would take heavy engine work. So good luck finding someone. I'm about five hours from Montgomery down in Baton Rouge.

I will try to attach a pic and video.

Chris.

View attachment 14485
Just over 2000 miles since second change.

I hope this works. Below is a link to 36 seconds of agonizing video. I haven't run it more than 2-3min, but 100psi at cold idle and 75 once she backs down.
Start up with tap.
Any news on what the problem was or how they fixed this issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m hearing a loud tapping sound coming from the engine :eek:. It is really loud on the drivers side close to the front tire. I took it to the dealership and they said it sounds like lifters and or rods. I would have to bring it in to be diagnosed for sure. They can’t see my GT350 until next week. :cry:. I’m shopping around to find a good Ford dealership/mechanic that knows and have worked on the GT350’s engine but around here where I live and or in close proximity it is very difficult. Does anyone live near Montgomery, Alabama / Columbus, Georgia a rear that could suggest a good Ford tech? And has anyone heard or have had this problem with their GT350? HELP!
Sorry very sorry to hear about the motor issues with the 350. I hope Ford comes good and replaces the motor for you. If they do, I would ask for the Aluminator Motor. It comes with the Cobra Jet intake and produces 575 HP and 460 foot lbs of torque.

I bought my 2020 in March of 2021 prior to the announcement of engine recalls for the timing chain issues. I lucked out.. only the backup camera needed changing. I have 8000 miles (bought it with 2500) and have had no issues and had it up to 165 mph on a country road in Northern Ontario Canada. I hope they replace your motor and you have no more issues ...

In 2500 miles (I drive it hard but certainly not like on a track) I have only had to add one quart of oil, the same as my 2020 Mustang GT. And I drive both cars the same way.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry very sorry to hear about the motor issues with the 350. I hope Ford comes good and replaces the motor for you. If they do, I would ask for the Aluminator Motor. It comes with the Cobra Jet intake and produces 575 HP and 460 foot lbs of torque.

I bought my 2020 in March of 2021 prior to the announcement of engine recalls for the timing chain issues. I lucked out.. only the backup camera needed changing. I have 8000 miles (bought it with 2500) and have had no issues and had it up to 165 mph on a country road in Northern Ontario Canada. I hope they replace your motor and you have no more issues ...

In 2500 miles (I drive it hard but certainly not like on a track) I have only had to add one quart of oil, the same as my 2020 Mustang GT. And I drive both cars the same way.
That's not how warranty repairs work.

OP, it's probably just injector tick, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts