Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - There is a 17 GT350 in my area with 37,000 miles on it. Dealer is asking $46,500. Drove the car and loved it. However, given the potential issues and the mileage, wanted to get feedback on this. The previous owner had it for the last two years and put approximately 25k on the car and she is the sales manager at the dealer. I had the opportunity to speak with her as well. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
2 Posts
Gen 1 5.2 on my ‘17 with 51K on odometer. Bought used with 17K on the clock As Ford Certified Preowned. Uses a quart every 2000 - 3000 miles which I think is very acceptable. No issues with the motor and it is stout. My general impression is that the original owner broke it in properly. Buy an extended warranty and enjoy.

· Registered
8 Posts
Will they offer you an extended warranty, if so, yes. I'd only own one of these with the extended warranty. So far I have had rear shock, exhaust cross pipe and transmission replaced. (I track my '19). I still love it!

· Registered
2016 Shelby GT 350
44 Posts
Hey all - There is a 17 GT350 in my area with 37,000 miles on it. Dealer is asking $46,500. Drove the car and loved it. However, given the potential issues and the mileage, wanted to get feedback on this. The previous owner had it for the last two years and put approximately 25k on the car and she is the sales manager at the dealer. I had the opportunity to speak with her as well. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
It's a crap shoot really

Bought a 2016 GT 350 with 39K miles paid 48.9K
Blew my engine 1500 miles later
Just cut a check for $24,031.10 to the speed shop for a new build supercharged with 700/850 hp
You never know
You will need deep pockets for any catastrophic failures
If you don't have deep pockets buy a new Dark horse....

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the great info and comments. I missed out on the car mentioned above as it was already taken once I contacted the dealer. I currently have an '08 M3 and it has potential issues with rod bearings if not properly taken care so I am familiar with doing as much diligence as possible before purchasing. After driving the GT350, its on another level. :) Looking forward to finding the right one and I do appreciate all the feedback!

· Registered
2016 Shelby GT 350
44 Posts
Thank you all for the great info and comments. I missed out on the car mentioned above as it was already taken once I contacted the dealer. I currently have an '08 M3 and it has potential issues with rod bearings if not properly taken care so I am familiar with doing as much diligence as possible before purchasing. After driving the GT350, its on another level. :) Looking forward to finding the right one and I do appreciate all the feedback!
Very welcome
Look on cargurus.com
There seem to be the lower mileage ones that are 1 or 2 owners vehicles
Personally after my experience I shouldn't have got mine as it had 4 previous owners with 39,000 miles
Something around 12 thousand miles or less with a max of 2 previous owners most likely a safer bet
Can be had for about 60K or so
Anything beyond 2 owners and 12,000 miles is just too risky - people like to drive the Shelby hard - and test its limits naturally
Sure their could be some good ones that don't fit that spec - but statistically it's a much riskier option....

· Registered
2017 GT350 Shadow Black/Blue stripes
39 Posts
I have a 2017- 9K miles, love it. Bought it about a year ago. That year/mileage fit my budget at the time, since I have other car projects. And the Shelby is not a daily. No complaints. I did purchase an extended warranty for safe measure. All performance cars, or just cars, are crap shoot. I've personally seen new Shelby's have issues too. Heck, have you all seen that article about the new z06 that blew after 56 miles? Guy was just driving back from dealership. Crap shoot.

· Registered
2017 GT350 Shadow Black/Blue stripes
39 Posts
One more question. 2016 w/Track Pack is essentially a 2017 as it relates to critical components?
Yes. Ford carried over the "track pack" as standard equipment for 2017+. All critical components come standard now (i.e. oil coolers trans coolers, etc.) Only option was the convenience package that had radio upgrade and heated/cooled seats. This way you didnt have to choose one package or the other as in 2016 models. Someone chime in if I'm incorrect.

· Registered
2016 Shelby GT 350
44 Posts
Yes. Ford carried over the "track pack" as standard equipment for 2017+. All critical components come standard now (i.e. oil coolers trans coolers, etc.) Only option was the convenience package that had radio upgrade and heated/cooled seats. This way you didnt have to choose one package or the other as in 2016 models. Someone chime in if I'm incorrect.
You are correct in that the 2017's basically have the track pack standard on them. Pre-2017, you had to choose between base, tech or track. Starting in 2017, you got the track pack standard and could now add the electronics package to it as well. Before 2017 you couldn't have both. The MSRP went up a bit for 2017 to account for the track pack stuff being standard. Not sure if there's really any difference between a 2016 track pack vs a 2017 "base" model, other than some color differences and Apple Car Play being standard on the 2017+. For the 2016's you had to swap out the USB hub in the console and do a software update to get Car Play to work.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
By critical components, I was referring to oil, tranny and diff coolers. I have heard the 2015/16 without the track pack had issues because of the lack of those and that 2017 and later had those standard. Not sure if that's accurate but that is what I was referring to. Appreciate the info.

· Registered
93 Posts
If you are not tracking the car, I would definitely consider a non track pack 350. And even if you occasionally track it, you likely won't have troubles.

If you find a 2015, scoop it up no matter the package. That model year is very rare.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts