Mustang GT350 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have a 2016 GT350. I just crossed over 10,000 miles and scheduled the checkup with my local dealership (South Florida).

Is this necessary? Anything I should ask them to look at specifically?

My A/C works fine, no oil consumption, I change my own oil with Amsoil so they won't be doing an oil change, just checking things out.

I have an extended warranty that expires in December and my powertrain warranty is good until 2023.

Thanks in advance to any thoughts and advice. Cheers!

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you haven't done coolant, you probably should, that stuff will cake up over time. So I'd have them flush the motor and rear diff coolants.

If you haven't swapped the fluid in the rear end, you may want to consider it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you haven't done coolant, you probably should, that stuff will cake up over time. So I'd have them flush the motor and rear diff coolants.

If you haven't swapped the fluid in the rear end, you may want to consider it.

thank you!

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Race Red/White Stripes- Handling and tech packages, Recaros, Carbon Fiber IP
95 Posts
I've never heard of changing all those fluids so early!

·
Registered
2020 GT350 Race Red/White Stripes- Handling and tech packages, Recaros, Carbon Fiber IP
95 Posts
don’t confuse miles with duration. Time can be against you too. Rear diff fluid should be a break in replacement. Coolant should come out every 4-6 years.
True. 👍

·
Registered
2020 GT350R
43 Posts
Anything special on flushing the coolant? Drain the radiator. Won’t get everything out but a lot of it.

D.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anything special on flushing the coolant? Drain the radiator. Won’t get everything out but a lot of it.

D.
Depends on your feelings with warranty. I just have the dealer do it, so if my voodoo lets go, I can just say "you did the work".

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had a 2016. Put 24,000 on it til I traded it. Aside from warranty/recall fixes, all I ever did was change the oil when the car said to change the oil, ~ every 6k miles.

'Is this necessary?'

Probably not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts