GT350 Road Clearance
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

GT350 Road Clearance

This is a discussion on GT350 Road Clearance within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I've looked and from what I can tell, the GT350 has about 4.5 inches of clearance up front and someone said 4 inches in the ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Volcanogod
  • 1 Post By lifeownedme

Thread: GT350 Road Clearance

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

GT350 Road Clearance

I've looked and from what I can tell, the GT350 has about 4.5 inches of clearance up front and someone said 4 inches in the middle. Is that something under the car or the side skirts?

I'm in Texas and my driveway is on a little incline with a roll up curb to the driveway. Not sure how much trouble I will have ..

thanks,
    Crowley

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My driveway has an incline also. I have no issues with inclines, the only problem comes in when there is a dip before the incline. Sucks, cause there are a lot of places here in San Antonio, who for some reason, have a big dip in the roadway, even between intersections. I have not measured under the car to see if there was an area less than 4.5 inches.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any issues will likely be with the approach as you enter or exit a driveway. This can be a problem driving forward or in reverse. The front chin splitter is the problem. It's also a big reason the car is so stable at higher speeds. So I've been told, LOL. But, the splitter sits low. I modified my driveway twice and still scrape at times. I heard someone on this forum say we should consider the splitter to be a wear item. I agree.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have the same challenges. I found out going at an almost 45 degree approach instead of a straight in approach fixed my issues. I still have to take it slow. I'm also amazed at how stiff the chassis is as it almost loses traction on one of the rear tires driving in at a 45.
    FastEddie9 likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I live in Houston. The GT350 worked fine. You do need to be careful on some steeper inclines, but it's really road friendly for the most part. You do have to be careful and approach the inclines at an angle. As mentioned above, you'll find out really quickly how little flex there is in the chassis.

The R is another ballgame. You have to be super careful because the front splitter is longer and has a tendency to catch/scrape on medium inclines and speedbumps.
    FastEddie9 likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    10-4, Volcanogod. Approach at an angle.

R model is especially difficult.
    KR558

(2016 GT350 traded in)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have the same issue, I scrap on my driveway. Luckily I have connected paved crossover to my neighbors' driveway which is much less steep.
    Mine was ok until PennDot repaved and made a deep indent where driveway meets the road 🤬

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors