Newbie question - Winterizing 2018 GT350
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Newbie question - Winterizing 2018 GT350 within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Quickly searched threads for any info on winterizing our GT350's and didn't find anything...so I'll ask... Other than filling the gas tank with 93 octane, ...

Thread: Newbie question - Winterizing 2018 GT350

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quickly searched threads for any info on winterizing our GT350's and didn't find anything...so I'll ask...

Other than filling the gas tank with 93 octane, checking/topping off tire pressure, and plugging the car into a battery tender for the long cold winter, is there anything else our GT350's need for winterizing?

Put the car up on jack stands?

Fuel Stabilizer?

Thanks in advance for the feedback...
    Last edited by Elevenssc; 10-15-2020 at 08:55 AM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Definitely want to add a good fuel stabilizer and drive car approximately 10 minutes so that fuel is circulated throughout fuel lines and motor. Battery Tender, or something similar, definitely. I do not put my car on jacks... I lay a trash bag down for each tire with a piece of carpet covering the trash bag. This will prevent condensation from forming, believe it or not. Car cover, but something that will allow air to circulate around car. Hope this helps. Do not start car at all throughout winter, does more harm than good.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I use ethanol free fuel. Ethanol attracts moisture and will sometimes separate and cause problems. And stabilizer. It is usually only 90 octane but it still runs well. I also change the oil and filter. get all the contaminants out. This is called PM. preventive maintenance or "ready to go in the spring". Plastic on the floor and either card board or plywood on top of that. This keeps condensation off the bottom. Throw some cheep dryer sheets through out the car, every where. Depending on where you store it and if you are afraid or little critters, stuff some steel wool in the tail pipes. Also do a good cleaning and cover it. Oh ya, and the trickle charger. The more you do in the fall, the less you have to do in the spring. I have two other Mustangs and have been storing them for many years like this and haven't had any problems. Hope this helps.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors