Which race brake pads and rotors are the best for 2019 GT350
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Which race brake pads and rotors are the best for 2019 GT350 within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Hi. I am new to this forum. I bought a new 2019 GT350 in January 20. I am a HPDE instructor in the Porsche Club ...

Thread: Which race brake pads and rotors are the best for 2019 GT350

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi. I am new to this forum. I bought a new 2019 GT350 in January 20. I am a HPDE instructor in the Porsche Club of America and for over 10 years I have been racing an old school air cooled 911. To save wear and tear on my aging 911, I bought the Shelby to track and instruct at Drivers Ed events but not race.

What is the hot brake pad setup for racing? I am not interested in a street/track blend as I don't really drive the car on the street much other than to break in the motor and some joy rides.
    What is are good replacement rotors for the OEM units on the car now?

interested in knowing how the pads:
    wear out rotors
    have media build up
    bite
    longevity, etc.

My front pads on my 911 race car last about 2 race weekends - that's about 18 heat cycles. Rear pads last more than double that amount.
    I run Motul 600 (race brake fluid is produced mainly by one producer-brands rebrand the fluid as their own or so I have been told by Miller Oils folks)

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also do HPDE (2 events so far, one Saturday) in the NE. I'll be interested in what you hear. Sadly, a lot of folks switch out of the stock pads because of the dust, admitting they give up performance and would not track those pads. My thought is to stay with stock pads, as they were engineered for street and track.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors