Ford Quality Control - Opinions and Questions - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Ford Quality Control - Opinions and Questions

This is a discussion on Ford Quality Control - Opinions and Questions within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I decided to go ahead and do the paint correction, PPF, and ceramic (wheels included).The car has been in the shop for about 2 weeks ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ford Quality Control - Opinions and Questions

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I decided to go ahead and do the paint correction, PPF, and ceramic (wheels included).The car has been in the shop for about 2 weeks now. I should get it back soon.

I've been using my girlfriends Chrysler 200 :-(. It makes you appreciate Ford a lot more. I miss my car a lot.

I do agree with the statement above and wouldn't buy a Mustang: especially anything that comes close to 50K (i.e. Bullit, and decked out PP2s). It's not only because of the looks, but the feel of the car is just not there. The Mustang, to me, is only about 50% of the car the GT350 is. The extra money spent on the Shelby transforms it into a epic car and sets it apart from its counterparts.

Even when on a light next to an M3, M4, AMG (whatever), ZL1, Corvette. I just like my car more. I'm not jealous at all and have zero regrets. The last thing on my mind is the rattly interior with the maligned panels. I know what they feel: "I am the one who knocks". :-)

I'm sure that the radio and interface could be better, but really it supports android auto, so I'm using that 99% of the time. Sync3 is out dated. The processor is slow, but that can pretty much all be avoided by using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. The interior is a 5/10 at best.

But I still bought an R knowing that. I would do it again.

Here are some new photos:
    Name:  2020-07-20 (1).jpg
Views: 110
Size:  455.2 KBName:  2020-07-20.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  502.6 KB
    ShelbyMilk likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Done.

I'm super happy with how it came out. The rim protector isn't noticeable at all; it blends in perfectly!

The paint is now flawless.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by lifeownedme; 08-08-2020 at 04:24 PM.
    CRisolvato likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Be careful w the rim protector. A friend of mine has a shop that sells them. I asked about the Shelby (he did my ceramic and clear bra) and said he wouldn't recommend it as dirt etc gets in there and damages the wheel paint over time. It's really more for those folks that are routinely hitting curbs as they're going to damage their wheels either way, this just reduces the damage. If you're careful and don't routinely hit stuff, I'd leave them off (knock on wood).
    2019 GT350R (white/blue stripes)
    1985 Porsche 911 (street)
    1979 Porsche 911 (race)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors