Can you purchase a section of the R vinyl stripes from Ford?
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Can you purchase a section of the R vinyl stripes from Ford? within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Probably should be a warranty issue, but the hassle isn't worth it if it's easy to get and cheap. Regarding the small section of vinyl ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Can you purchase a section of the R vinyl stripes from Ford?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Probably should be a warranty issue, but the hassle isn't worth it if it's easy to get and cheap.

Regarding the small section of vinyl stripe on the passenger side next to the license plate, some of the red pinstripe has just lifted off the vinyl. It's kind of weird. I guess the color is printed on to the vinyl?

Anyway, it's only about an inch, but it's bugging me to look at it.

Rather than try and rig it with a layover pinstripe on just the missing section, I figured it would be easier just to replace that entire approx 8"x5" section.

Can you get it somewhere?
    2019 GT350R (white/blue stripes)
    1985 Porsche 911 (street)
    1979 Porsche 911 (race)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    from Ford, very expensive I replaced the trunk stripe after it was scratched - it was $384 fron Ford Parts - I just replaced it all with a 7D Carbon fiber and the guy charged me $400

Name:  100.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  101.6 KBName:  101.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  77.4 KBName:  102.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  101.2 KB
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350R with 875 Whipple tuned to 903hp

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, so you had to buy the whole thing from Ford? They won't just sell you sections?

Your aftermarket stripes look pretty good. Nice work!
    1979 Porsche 911 (race)

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They sell them with different part numbers for section - Red Accent or White Accent - the front has 3 sections - hood one - roof one - trunk one and back bumper - two - I priced out a whole set and it was over $1500 and then you need them installed - one dealer told me $600 for that alone - thats why I went this route - the Hood is actual cleared Carbon Fiber - the stripes match the CF Hood -

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YBLEHSGT350 View Post
    They sell them with different part numbers for section - Red Accent or White Accent - the front has 3 sections - hood one - roof one - trunk one and back bumper - two - I priced out a whole set and it was over $1500 and then you need them installed - one dealer told me $600 for that alone - thats why I went this route - the Hood is actual cleared Carbon Fiber - the stripes match the CF Hood -
    Wow, you've done quite a bit of modding. Good call on the CF hood. It's an anchor on these cars. Shocked at how heavy it was the first time I checked the oil. I find it odd that they did CF wheels and wing, but didn't do other parts to try and shave off some weight. Maybe it's a DOT thing. Or a cost thing. Who knows... This car is heavy in stock form.

Do you have the link to where you can order the factory stripes online you were previously using?
    1979 Porsche 911 (race)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    my quote was at a Ford Dealer - I checked with a local stripe shop and they quoted me $600 for the whole car - I bet you could get that fixed for under $100Name:  shelbs9.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  236.2 KB
    Last edited by YBLEHSGT350; 04-07-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, appreciate all the info. That look looks really good. Is it me or is the shape a little different with regards to the center section? And are those hood pins of some sort?

Where did you get that toe hook?

Does it screw into the factory tow hook receptacle?

I haven't even looked in that section of the bumper yet. But I will be doing some track days in it soon, in between race events with the old vintage car, and would never go out without a tow hook already in place as those tow truck drivers are brutal on cars when left to their own devices on where to tow from lol
    1979 Porsche 911 (race)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Carbon Fiber hood just looks like that It has Quick Latch hood Pins like the GT500 and the tow hook came from ZL1. It had its own bumper mount that bolts in - the whole nose has to come off to install.

more pics here https://www.yblehsgt350r.com/

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YBLEHSGT350 View Post
    The Carbon Fiber hood just looks like that It has Quick Latch hood Pins like the GT500 and the tow hook came from ZL1. It had its own bumper mount that bolts in - the whole nose has to come off to install.

more pics here https://www.yblehsgt350r.com/
    Cool website and a great looking car. Almost as if Ford had created a website for your project lol Nice work!
    1979 Porsche 911 (race)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog95 View Post
    Probably should be a warranty issue, but the hassle isn't worth it if it's easy to get and cheap.

Regarding the small section of vinyl stripe on the passenger side next to the license plate, some of the red pinstripe has just lifted off the vinyl. It's kind of weird. I guess the color is printed on to the vinyl?

Anyway, it's only about an inch, but it's bugging me to look at it.

Rather than try and rig it with a layover pinstripe on just the missing section, I figured it would be easier just to replace that entire approx 8"x5" section.

Can you get it somewhere?
    yes, you can order sections of OEM stripes from ford. my R came with some scratches to the front stripes (matte black/red pinstripes) at the base of the hood. dealer paid to have it re-done, that section. something like $300 for that section alone. some 3rd party shop installed it for $50.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors