Hood Protector - Aeroskin
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Hood Protector - Aeroskin

This is a discussion on Hood Protector - Aeroskin within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Hi Guys - I searched the forum but nothing came out. Did any of you install Hood Protector - Aeroskin? https://accessories.ford.com/deflector-11988.html I used to have ...

Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MRXC

Thread: Hood Protector - Aeroskin

  1. #1
    Junior Member LenFeb's Avatar
    Member #
    10372
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    4
    Member #
    10372
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Hood Protector - Aeroskin

    Hi Guys - I searched the forum but nothing came out. Did any of you install Hood Protector - Aeroskin?
    https://accessories.ford.com/deflector-11988.html
    I used to have this on my Subaru years ago and it was very good. Protecting hood from a lot of road debris.

    Name:  3d1b17e6c4217ee7e4578e46f02a84b6.gif
Views: 39
Size:  143.7 KB

  2. #2
    Member MRXC's Avatar
    Member #
    10374
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Friendswood, TX
    Posts
    31
    Member #
    10374
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don’t know where you live, but in Houston, I got Gulf Coast Auto Shield to install the paint protective film named EXPEL. They covered the entire hood, the entire front fenders, the front fascia, headlights, and foglights, as well as the side view mirrors for $1900 all in, with a 10 year warranty against yellowing, delaminating, etc.
    Look for an installer in your area. The owner also has a GT350 and tracks it, and they also have a windshield PPF for the track that he has on it as well as other customers who have cars that they track.
    https://www.gcautoshield.com/paintpr...hoCFhwQAvD_BwE
    Pinhead likes this.
    2019 GT350 (K2371): “The Enchantress”
    Velocity Blue w/White Stripes, Electronics Package, Vehicle Cover, non-Recaro Leather AC seats, both P & D side FP catch-cans, and FP air filter.

  3. #3
    Junior Member Eric The MadMan's Avatar
    Member #
    9286
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    North County, San Diego, CA
    Posts
    22
    Member #
    9286
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Same for me!

    Quote Originally Posted by MRXC View Post
    I don’t know where you live, but in Houston, I got Gulf Coast Auto Shield to install the paint protective film named EXPEL. They covered the entire hood, the entire front fenders, the front fascia, headlights, and foglights, as well as the side view mirrors for $1900 all in, with a 10 year warranty against yellowing, delaminating, etc.
    Look for an installer in your area. The owner also has a GT350 and tracks it, and they also have a windshield PPF for the track that he has on it as well as other customers who have cars that they track.
    https://www.gcautoshield.com/paintpr...hoCFhwQAvD_BwE
    I did the same PPF and added triple coated ceramic too! Great investment, easy to clean & keeps the car looking sharp. Must find a good local installer though.

    Had mine done in Carlsbad, CA at
    http://5pointautospa.com/

    Name:  xpel.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  355.5 KB
    Last edited by Eric The MadMan; 01-09-2020 at 11:42 AM.
    Peace out,
    Eric The MadMan
    North County, San Diego
    2018 XXX Yellow; stripe delete; black roof; convenience package

  4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member MRXC's Avatar
    Member #
    10374
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Friendswood, TX
    Posts
    31
    Member #
    10374
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The MadMan View Post
    I did the same PPF and added triple coated ceramic too! Great investment, easy to clean & keeps the car looking sharp. Must find a good local installer though.
    Had mine done in Carlsbad, CA at
    Auto Detailing Carlsbad CA | Ceramic Pro | Professional Car Detailing
    Name:  xpel.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  355.5 KB
    Did you do the ceramic on the rest of the car (not covered in PPF) or on all the car, including the area that had the PPF as well? My car’s gonna be garaged (except for a weekly 6 mi run every week by my son to keep everything copacetic) until July when I return from Africa, and I’m thinking of doing the ceramic coating when I return (or send my son with the car to have it done before I return, which is actually a good idea!).
    2019 GT350 (K2371): “The Enchantress”
    Velocity Blue w/White Stripes, Electronics Package, Vehicle Cover, non-Recaro Leather AC seats, both P & D side FP catch-cans, and FP air filter.

  6. #5
    Junior Member Eric The MadMan's Avatar
    Member #
    9286
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    North County, San Diego, CA
    Posts
    22
    Member #
    9286
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I did the entire car including over the PPF, the rims and windshield. They both serve different purposes ... the PPF against chips and what not, the ceramic is more geared towards keeping her clean. I would recommend it for sure. I keep a spray bottle in the trunk with 50/50 DI water & 99% ISO alcohol ... to quickly detail the ceramic if I get any bird shit, tree sap or anything else ... it just slides off! Have a safe trip!!
    Peace out,
    Eric The MadMan
    North County, San Diego
    2018 XXX Yellow; stripe delete; black roof; convenience package

  7. #6
    Member MRXC's Avatar
    Member #
    10374
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Friendswood, TX
    Posts
    31
    Member #
    10374
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you!
    2019 GT350 (K2371): “The Enchantress”
    Velocity Blue w/White Stripes, Electronics Package, Vehicle Cover, non-Recaro Leather AC seats, both P & D side FP catch-cans, and FP air filter.

  8. #7
    Junior Member Eric The MadMan's Avatar
    Member #
    9286
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    North County, San Diego, CA
    Posts
    22
    Member #
    9286
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here is a pretty tough test of the Ceramic Pro coating ....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQh1...ature=youtu.be
    Peace out,
    Eric The MadMan
    North County, San Diego
    2018 XXX Yellow; stripe delete; black roof; convenience package

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Member #
    8240
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Eagle ID
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    8240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another XPEL application. Covered everything up front to the windshield including the headlights, the mirror, A-pillars and along the lower sides all the way to the rear behind the tires. $2400. No dings after 3800 miles including 400 miles of Autocross and track days.
    Name:  20190803_201540.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  4.51 MB
    I'm a driver, not a docent. I drive like I'm sponsored.
    "There's never enough horsepower - Just not enough traction." - Carroll Shelby
    Straight roads are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.

  10. #9
    Member MRXC's Avatar
    Member #
    10374
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Friendswood, TX
    Posts
    31
    Member #
    10374
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Another XPEL application. Covered everything up front to the windshield including the headlights, the mirror, A-pillars and along the lower sides all the way to the rear behind the tires. $2400. No dings after 3800 miles including 400 miles of Autocross and track days.
    Name:  20190803_201540.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  4.51 MB
    Beautiful!
    2019 GT350 (K2371): “The Enchantress”
    Velocity Blue w/White Stripes, Electronics Package, Vehicle Cover, non-Recaro Leather AC seats, both P & D side FP catch-cans, and FP air filter.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •