3rd car is finally here...
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on 3rd car is finally here... within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; The 2017 went back, the 2019 went back, the 2020 (chassis number under 40) is here and yes it has issues. It arrived at the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By T-88

Thread: 3rd car is finally here...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The 2017 went back, the 2019 went back, the 2020 (chassis number under 40) is here and yes it has issues. It arrived at the dealer Oct. 16th with a dent on the passenger side front fender. The skirting on the inner side of the fender well that is to keep gunk out of your engine compartment is secured with plastic clips. I don't know if it was a robot or a human but the clip was punched too hard and poked the aluminum outward. Luckily the "dent" was rounded so the paint wouldn't crack and the aluminum didn't stretch too far. It was massaged out with a paintless repair and you can't tell it was there in the first place. There are a handful of other little things that irk me because I feel they shouldn't have passed through human quality inspection at Ford but with the 3 cars and 2-1/2 years of waiting, I'm going to lighten up and live with the few little things I can't fix. You will notice the cold air intake hose/pipe has a gouge in it. Dealer ordered a replacement and it arrived worse than the one that it came with. Little ugly things here and there. With the line being split between the Voodoo and the Predator, I have one builder on my motor. I can't make out the name and I can't remember where I found the list with all of the builders names in print. I'll have to snap a picture of the stamped plate and add it later.

I ordered the handling package. If you are considering this...do it!!! With the 2017 the car felt like a feather on the road. I really had to work with both hands to keep that car from drifting out of its lane. It caught every rut and felt as if it was riding high on the pavement. The camber plates, gurney flap and proper alignment make the car feel like a brick on the road. Not that it feels heavy but that it is stuck to the pavement and the handling is so much more impressive. It doesn't want to ride high and drift. It sticks so well I don't think I could flip this car if I tried (wink, wink).

It's at the auto salon getting clear bra and ceramic coating. I was able to install my hood struts, remove my hood rod, my air/oil separator and the permanent lead plug for the battery tender. The calipers are custom blue, the center caps were custom made and the splitter letters are satin silver. I'm running Pilot Super Sports on the street and saving the Cup 2's for the track. I'm probably going to add the Sto N Sho license plate bracket to the front (it screws flat under your splitter in existing holes, then you use a pin to quick attach/detach your license plate similar to the way you would attach a tow hitch). If you haven't seen it, check it out. My state requires front plates and there is one area where the cops ticket me to death. I can jump out, slide it on and when I leave, slide it back off. Saves me $147 each time I'm there.

More detailing under the hood and the interior while the coatings fully cure. I will post more pics. when I feel the car is worthy of more photos. It is winter now after all. Drive safe everyone. Maybe meet up with some of you at Track Attack 2020? If you're in the King/Snohomish area of Washington state...after everyone I have tried to work with and been treated like garbage...I can now say I absolutely recommend AutoNation Ford of Bellevue. My replacement car didn't earn them hardly any money but they took the best care of me, handling all the hassles and actually treated my car with complete respect. So much so, my husband followed up by buying a new truck from them. APC Auto Spa in Woodinville and Jay's Tinting in Kirkland (I chose the ceramic tint)
    Accurate Auto Body in Redmond handled the delicate dent repair beautifully. I'm still skeptical, I hope to love car number 3 it's been a long time coming. Cheers!Attachment 12028Attachment 12030
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    2020 Shadow Black, Carbon Fiber Dash, Technology Pkg., Handling Pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You have the patience of a saint. Thumbs up on your new ride! I really hope this one works out and meets your expectations.

Happy driving.

Tim
    03reptile likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be on the lookout, hope to see you on the road soon!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are your calipers painted or powder coated?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have you considered another brand of car? LOL
    2019 GT350R (white/blue stripes)
    1985 Porsche 911 (street)
    1979 Porsche 911 (race)

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It does look like a newly fresh car though.

Happy Driving friend

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Enjoy that Black Beauty!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors