GT350 Motor issues - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

GT350 Motor issues

This is a discussion on GT350 Motor issues within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Originally Posted by YBLEHSGT350 I must be lucky 2018 Shelby Attachment 11888 Attachment 11888 - 903bhp 815 to the wheels - no issues... well except ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: GT350 Motor issues

JWS
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YBLEHSGT350 View Post
    I must be lucky 2018 Shelby Attachment 11888Attachment 11888- 903bhp 815 to the wheels - no issues... well except the hurt feelings from Corvette, ZL1, and Hellcat owners -
    I have heard many 2017 and 2018 owners have had zero issues and performing very awesome. It could be for folks who really track on a regular basis and drive it hard (meaning at the top line rpm band all the time). That is a wicked setup. I would love to ride in it.

JWS
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calipony View Post
    Question: So the things upgraded in the 2019 motor, does this address why the earlier motors were popping. Also, What were the suspension and braking tweaks?
    I heard there were very minor changes. But I do not know the specifics. Probably nothing that significant. But I did buy mine with all the options. So what ever came with it, came with it. I just love the way it drives. So much that I find my self going out to drive for the sake of driving with no where to go.... LOL

Makes me spend money on gas for no reason.

But there are the changes that I know of for 2018

- The Gen 2 5.2 can withstand 12 psi of sustained boost
    - Longer Gen 1 Coyote spec head bolts
    - Additional cylinder bore material surrounding the water jackets
    - Added cast in brace on intake side of cylinder bore
    - "Bay to Bay" Breathing ports reorientated to better equalize block gasses and minimize windage
    - Additional material around water jackets for better sealing
    - Stronger valve seat material to handle increased heat
    - 4 Layer MLS head gasket
    - GT350R Timing Chains
    - GT350R Lash adjusters
    - GT350R Cam covers
    - GT350R VCT mechanisms
    - Improved I-beam connecting rods
    - Forged crank sprocket

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Have a 17 with 7000 miles. Have had zero issues. I do change the oil every 6 months like clock work.

No real oil consumption Just under a qrt every 1000 miles.

I did buy an 8 year bumper to bumper Ford ESP.
    2017 Shelby GT 350
    2018 F250 Lariat 4X4
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4 Summit EcoDiesel

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have a 2017 with 11,000 miles on it.there are no oil consumption issues here. I took it on several 300 mile round trips, and it did not burn any oil. It did have AC issues that were fixed under the warranty, but that is a Ford issue. I am very happy with my car. Mostly stock with minor cosmetic upgrades under the hood, that is it.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    y'all need to go to mustang6g.com and read all the motor issues that there has been with the 16-17-18 and some 19 GT 350's They may have finally gotten them fixed but Ford ain't talking and won't let dealerships tear into them to see if its a minor problem. Now that may be good since Ford replaces the engine. You don't need a incompetent mechanic messing around inside the Voodoo. I had a 16 and 17 and both used a quart of oil every 3,000 miles, cars were never tracked. And Ford sent us all that letter saying it was within limits to use a quart of oil every 500 miles. Now that's B.S. Ford covering there butt. So if you just use your GT 350 as a daily driver to enjoy and use a quart of oil every 500 miles Ford says thats normal. I don't think so! And on that forum you will read many through those years the engine goes no matter how you drive it, how fast you drive it or how many miles you have on it. Some through those years are on there 2nd. and 3rd. engine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors