Tire (PSI)
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Tire (PSI)

This is a discussion on Tire (PSI) within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I know ford recommends 32 PSI all the way around, but when i went in for first oil change they told me i needed new ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tire (PSI)

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Tire (PSI)

I know ford recommends 32 PSI all the way around, but when i went in for first oil change they told me i needed new tires?? Found out I was running around 36 PSI, which is what it was set on from the dealership i purchased car from? Bit the bullet and purchased new tires after endless arguments!! What pressure do u guys run in your tires?? Ford recommends 32, should i stay with that? And another question nitrogen in tires? Dealership telling me my PSI will not vary with the weather? So i guess my question is should i use nitrogen in tires? I have a 2018 GT350 FYI, thanks any info would b greatly appreciated.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Running 305 front and 325 rear - even on 4 corners at 32psi - mid day - mornings 30psi and on a hot day 34psi - I have 12,000 miles on the Pilot Super Sports with a long way to go -
    Name:  s1.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  107.5 KB
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350 with 875 Whipple

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmitch02 View Post
    I know ford recommends 32 PSI all the way around, but when i went in for first oil change they told me i needed new tires?? Found out I was running around 36 PSI, which is what it was set on from the dealership i purchased car from? Bit the bullet and purchased new tires after endless arguments!! What pressure do u guys run in your tires?? Ford recommends 32, should i stay with that? And another question nitrogen in tires? Dealership telling me my PSI will not vary with the weather? So i guess my question is should i use nitrogen in tires? I have a 2018 GT350 FYI, thanks any info would b greatly appreciated.
    So, I'm guessing those were your factory SC2's that had to be replaced? How many miles did you get out of them? I'll also assume that they were thin in the middle and Ford blamed excessive PSI for that?

I'm with YBLEHSGT350 - running Pilot Super Sports on mine and very happy - 295/35R19 Front & 305/35R19 Rear. I've been running mine at 33psi cold and they warm up to about 35psi on the drive to/from work. I daily my car and wanted the extra tread life the SS's had.

I've never used nitrogen. I'm a fan of high quality tire gauges, checking my tires every Sunday morning, and adding or deleting air to hit my specs.
    2019 GT350 - Finally arrived!
    2014 Mustang GT - Great car! Hard to see her go!
    1965 Mustang Fastback - Wish I still had it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For what it’s worth, I’ve found that every 10 degrees F changes tire pressure about 1 psi.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Name:  IMG_0035.JPG
Views: 65
Size:  5.03 MBName:  IMG_0035.JPG
Size:  5.03 MBName:  IMG_0035.JPG
Size:  5.03 MB

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks guys for info, i did go with the nitrogen in tires and are staying right at 32psi, I do not know why it posted my pics 3 times my bad i guess? this is 2018 GT350 Leadfoot Gray. I had stripes taken off went to the red Brembo brake calipers and changed the emblems on front and rear to red GT350 with cobra emblem, have JLT performance CAI with SCT GTX tuner, also changed back spoiler, got the black floor mats inside with red Cobra emblem on mats, also got the red under glow lights inside at night it just makes those red emblem glow, also have Corsa resonator delete which i highly recommend! Hopefully my next option is the whipple supercharger, problem is where i live in WV hard to find somebody to install? any info on that would b appreciated, have had trouble with the SCT GTX tuner, screen keeps going blank but they are sending new one to replace it was professionally installed, so i will let u know about new one when it arrives, but it has been nothing but problems since i received it. car a little dirty drove it to work on this beautiful day

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i got around 5k miles out of tires brand new off the lot, still fighting that one with dealership and now with Ford Performance, and yes middle of tires were worn badly, but thanks to this website now running 32 psi and so far good results no wear inspect gauge them daily

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    also added fog lights again i really recommend u can run them during day, at night they stay on even with bright lights on, much better vision

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmitch02 View Post
    i got around 5k miles out of tires brand new off the lot, still fighting that one with dealership and now with Ford Performance, and yes middle of tires were worn badly, but thanks to this website now running 32 psi and so far good results no wear inspect gauge them daily
    I don't think it's going to shock anyone that you got 5K out of the stock 2018 Cup 2's. Looking at your mods I'm going to assume you don't just drive it on Sunday to church. HOPEFULLY the dealership sold you the new 2019 Cup 2's which are supposed to last a little longer and be more rain-friendly.

You went 5000 miles before your first oil change?

You'll notice (attached below) that even the new 2019 Cup 2's have a treadwear rating of 180 (and no road hazard warranty) for $1710. The Super Sports have a treadwear rating of 300 and a free road hazard warranty for $1380. Maybe something to consider the next time around.

Name:  Sport Cup 2's - 02OCT2019.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  42.7 KB
    Name:  Super Sports - 02OCT2019.JPG
Views: 55
Size:  41.0 KB
    2019 GT350 - Finally arrived!
    2014 Mustang GT - Great car! Hard to see her go!
    1965 Mustang Fastback - Wish I still had it!

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Re: treadwear. My son and I both have 2016 GT350's. Coincidentally (or not) both cars had cord showing on the inside of the passenger front tire at 20K. The rest of the tread looked like it had at least 5K left.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors