Just purchased 2017 GT 350
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Just purchased 2017 GT 350 within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I just purchased 2017 GT 350 with 5000 miles. I have read about engine issues, etc. What should I be looking out for to give ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Just purchased 2017 GT 350

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just purchased 2017 GT 350 with 5000 miles. I have read about engine issues, etc. What should I be looking out for to give an indication that a problem is developing with the engine. Any other issues that might come up with the car? Looking and listening to the engine everything seems fine. Pressures, temps etc.
    thanks for any info.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    NorCalGal likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome! Excellent color!! Don't worry to much about internet ramblings regarding the engine. Check your oil, do regular maintenance and enjoy the fact that you now own a Shelby!
    " Never wrestle with a pig...You both get dirty and only the pig likes it!"
    "J1247"

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Absolutely agree with Noisy, rather ironic name given the issue. Check your oil often, never overfill, and drive the snot outta it. There are not your average Mustang, their meant to be pushed hard and enjoyed. OH BTW, get "rock blockers", have protective film applied to the front of the rear quarter panels (road pebbles hit that area a lot) and maybe wrap the front end to protect against chips. Enjoy, there fantastic cars.
    lifeownedme likes this.
    16 GT350 Tech Pkg.......and loving it Cheif!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies. I have driven the car several hundred miles now. What a car!!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with Pinhead about the rock Blockers. 12 bucks at JTL Performance. Would also recommend an oil separator on the passenger side if it is not already there. 10 minutes to install, should have come on the car when new!
    Pinhead likes this.
    " Never wrestle with a pig...You both get dirty and only the pig likes it!"
    "J1247"

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You gotta check the oil weekly at least.

I actually have a question about my oil. The dipstick is hard to reach and hard to see the opening it's so tucked down in there... but often the level shows fine on one side of the dipstick but a little low on the other side...even though I just put a qt in 400 miles ago. Is it low or is that just the dipstick orientation/positioning being weird??

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Perhaps it's the manner in which you're pulling the stick, seriously. Pull it from behind the strut tower brace, windshield side, and you'll get a clean read every time.
    16 GT350 Tech Pkg.......and loving it Cheif!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some great advice here, and I couldn't agree more. Got mine in August 2016 now the warranty is about to expire so I'm getting lots of mail about an extended warranty. I Now have 5300 miles and am not at all worried about the next 5300+. Is there a lemon out there? Probably so just like any car but they seem to make all the noise. When you see how these cars are driven every day at the Utah Motorsports Park day after day well you get the idea..... Have fun with the twin of my car!
    Pinhead likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 70sum View Post
    I just purchased 2017 GT 350 with 5000 miles. I have read about engine issues, etc. What should I be looking out for to give an indication that a problem is developing with the engine. Any other issues that might come up with the car? Looking and listening to the engine everything seems fine. Pressures, temps etc.
    thanks for any info.
    Check oil as everyone says but when it decides to go, it's gonna go no matter what you watch for.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love my 2017 GT350. My old Ferrari and my Porsche both had front end lifts that raised the front end 3 inches so I could get in and out of my garage and other places. The Ferrari option cost $7,300. By the way, both of those vehicles had the same magnetic shocks as my Shelby. Apparently, there is nothing available for the Shelby at any price. The Shelby turns the same lap times at Sebring as my Porsche GT3 and cost 25%. Yes, I really did turn in a Ferrari 458 for the Shelby.

Does anyone know of a possible solution? The Shelby is a world class performance vehicle and this is a missing piece and the reason that I didn't buy an R.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors