Just purchased 2017 GT 350 - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Just purchased 2017 GT 350

This is a discussion on Just purchased 2017 GT 350 within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; You can jump on eBay and get a lower chin protector for a few hundred bucks that will take the scrapes of Shelby life...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Just purchased 2017 GT 350

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You can jump on eBay and get a lower chin protector for a few hundred bucks that will take the scrapes of Shelby life
    Name:  CF Wheels.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  110.2 KB
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350R with 875 Whipple tuned to 903hp

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Welcome too!

Yeah, I went with the Whipple upgrade with a tune at under 500 miles and no oil issues but I did change the oil pump set up to billet.

Name:  splitter front.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  58.0 KBName:  Whipple Plate 2.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  79.4 KB
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350R with 875 Whipple tuned to 903hp

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMMarks View Post
    I love my 2017 GT350. My old Ferrari and my Porsche both had front end lifts that raised the front end 3 inches so I could get in and out of my garage and other places. The Ferrari option cost $7,300. By the way, both of those vehicles had the same magnetic shocks as my Shelby. Apparently, there is nothing available for the Shelby at any price. The Shelby turns the same lap times at Sebring as my Porsche GT3 and cost 25%. Yes, I really did turn in a Ferrari 458 for the Shelby.

Does anyone know of a possible solution? The Shelby is a world class performance vehicle and this is a missing piece and the reason that I didn't buy an R.
    Check out Bridjit.com. I have high, rolled curbs and couldn't get in my garage without scraping at any angle. This system is really solid and has a drain down the underside for water to run through. I've had mine for 2-1/2 years. At first I worried someone could drive up and steal it but it is built really well and heavy when the pieces are all attached. I have tons of people drive up and comment on it and one neighbor actually bought one for himself. Of course this only helps with your driveway and not getting in and out of other places out there...I'm a little jealous of my daughter's Porsche with the automatic lift built in. But her's is an SUV and I prefer a chew you up and spit you out muscle car!

My other beef with the front end is trying to find a curb alert to help from damaging the front splitter when approaching curbs while parking. I wish Ford had incorporated that in somehow. The aftermarket possibilities for this are not good. I park carefully, have an extra splitter in my garage (just in case) and hope someone will come up with a good idea for an alert system in the near future.
    2020 Shadow Black, Carbon Fiber Dash, Technology Pkg., Handling Pkg.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you and I am all over this!

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wonderful!! Nice Purchase

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    70sum. Nice! I picked up a '17 in avalanche grey last summer. I've done 3 SCCA Track Night events. No serious issues. However, going through a little frustration with my oil filter canister. slight leak where the canister meets the block. Since its a composite, I'm not keen on over torquing it. Everything else has been fine and I push it! Agree with others that you should not baby it.

Thoughts on performance oil? I've read a few forums that say to get rid of the Motorcraft oil after break in. Interested to hear some thoughts.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have an 18 and check the oil every fuel up. Never uses a drop. Awesome car! such a sweet spot and Ive owned 5 corvettes. This just hits allName:  IMG_5715.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  4.62 MB the right buttons.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I HAVE A SET OF GT 350 HOOD LETTERING FOR SALE. I THINK THEY WOULD LOOK GREAT ON YOUR CAR. THE "GT 350" IS IN RED LETTERING AND THE "5.2 VOODOO FLAT-PLANE CRANK" IS IN BLACK LETTERING. FITS PERFECTLY ON THE GT 350 HOOD CONTOUR. SELLING FOR $45 PER SET (PAIR). MY EMAIL IS [email protected]. VERY EASY TO INSTALL. SEE PICTURES. IF PICTURES DO NOT COME THRU YOU CAN EMAIL ME AND I CAN SEND THEM.
    BE SAFE,
    DAVE
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really like hearing the perspective of someone coming out of a Ferrari like you are. I am coming out of a C7. Seems like lots of former owners of other performance cars really love this one. Quite a testament to the 350.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors