I hope it wasn’t anyone from this forum..... - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

I hope it wasn’t anyone from this forum.....

This is a discussion on I hope it wasn’t anyone from this forum..... within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; You track your car with any more than just you and you take your chances. If the GT3 didn't have track insurance then shame on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I hope it wasn’t anyone from this forum.....

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You track your car with any more than just you and you take your chances. If the GT3 didn't have track insurance then shame on him. Hard to say when happened with this clip, the GT could have hit something on the road. I see professionals crash all the time, it doesn't make them bad drivers. Cut the driver some slack!
    " Never wrestle with a pig...You both get dirty and only the pig likes it!"
    "J1247"

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noisy Cricket View Post
    You track your car with any more than just you and you take your chances. If the GT3 didn't have track insurance then shame on him. Hard to say when happened with this clip, the GT could have hit something on the road. I see professionals crash all the time, it doesn't make them bad drivers. Cut the driver some slack!
    I have done hundreds of track days and instructed in many of them. Never seen a situation like this where there was the destruction of 2 cars.
    This was not racing, but a drivers education event, there are no purses or trophies to be claimed......
    The mustang guy was totally over his head,( if you watch the entire video you will notice that) and when he missed his breaking point and went off on the grass, the GT3 unfortunately was there to take the hit......

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonDMD View Post
    I have done hundreds of track days and instructed in many of them. Never seen a situation like this where there was the destruction of 2 cars.
    This was not racing, but a drivers education event, there are no purses or trophies to be claimed......
    The mustang guy was totally over his head,( if you watch the entire video you will notice that) and when he missed his breaking point and went off on the grass, the GT3 unfortunately was there to take the hit......
    That's my point. Track days are with non-professional drivers. If you decide to be part of them you have to understand the risks. A lot of them are over their heads, or certainly driving over their skill levels. Ya pays your money, ya takes your chances....It's always a shame when something goes wrong at the track, but it happens. Don't be shocked when it does is all I am saying.
    "J1247"

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I’m looking forward to tracking my car. But this is the reason why I have no desire to go beyond the novice class. I don’t care to go door to door with anyone. I just want to experience this amazing machine on an iconic track and then drive it home in one piece. So sad.
    Eric The MadMan likes this.
    Mark

2018 Mag Met Grey Black Roof No Stripes Convenience Package

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Guys, ease up a bit on your comments before truly knowing what went down. VIR is my home track and I was at this event. This is not entirely the drivers fault, this is a result of brake failure and the GT3 being in the wrong place at the wrong time. If brakes fail at this location, then yes, we are instructed to drive straight but attempt to track right as there is more distance before a barrier. Had the GT350 driver gone left he could have avoided the Porsche but far less time to slow down and would have gone into the woods. Sure this would have saved the Porsche but when you are at that speed and the brakes fail on you, I bet you wouldn't decide to cut the wheel. In my experience, and knowledge of this track, its coincidence and certainly the risk one takes. If neither driver has the track insurance, then damn!

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Brake failure on a brand new GT350....... interesting........ maybe I should stick to more reliable cars like Porsches instead.......
    thanks for making my decision easier and thus skip on buying a Shelby as it is prone to failures on the track.......
    It has been very "informational" here, enjoy your GT350 and be safe.......

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Brake failure on a brand new GT350....... interesting........ maybe I should stick to more reliable cars like Porsches instead.......
    thanks for making my decision easier and thus skip on buying a Shelby as it is prone to failures on the track.......

Ignorance and jumping to conclusions supersedes you! This is a very heavily modified Shelby and does not possess the stock braking system. Also, to assume that Porsche does not also have brake failures on track, well, then ignorance exceeds you. Please keep it off the track. Get a Porsche, great car. You be safe as well.
    BobSoFine likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Buh bye....Don't let your ignorance hit you in the ass on the way out!!
    "J1247"

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Poor cars. They were pushing those things hard, was awesome to watch

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    wonder what kind of massive power adds he had and what kind of massive braking upgrades he had for a school -
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350R with 875 Whipple tuned to 903hp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors