Switch Recaro seats with heated and cooled leather seats
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Switch Recaro seats with heated and cooled leather seats within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Hi everyone! I'm not a big fan of the recaro seats in my '18. Would love to change to the heated and cooled leather seats. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Switch Recaro seats with heated and cooled leather seats

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi everyone! I'm not a big fan of the recaro seats in my '18. Would love to change to the heated and cooled leather seats. Anyone go through this process? I spoke to my local dealership and they were clueless.

Thank you!

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jayareed View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm not a big fan of the recaro seats in my '18. Would love to change to the heated and cooled leather seats. Anyone go through this process? I spoke to my local dealership and they were clueless.

Thank you!
    Hi, where are you located? I may be interested in a swap. I am in So Cal.
    Bob

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is what you have to do in order to switch the seats. This is from an old thread.

"I just wanted to let you know that I figured out my Air Bag light issue today. After doing a lot of reading without any real good information, today I was going to disconnect the air bags in the seats and install a bypass resistor. However I first reinstalled the passenger recaro seat and the airbag light went out (keep in mind I bought a set of the factory GT350 comfort seats). So I started checking and changing sensors on the seats and it turned out to be the pressure pad in the seat bottom of the passenger seat. I actually didn’t think this was the issue, because it triggered the light when there was a light weight on it, but in the end I changed the complete pressure pad over from the Recaro and the light is off and has stayed off."
    2017 Shelby GT350

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hi Bob! I'm in central PA so that might not work well for us

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joec410 View Post
    This is what you have to do in order to switch the seats. This is from an old thread.

"I just wanted to let you know that I figured out my Air Bag light issue today. After doing a lot of reading without any real good information, today I was going to disconnect the air bags in the seats and install a bypass resistor. However I first reinstalled the passenger recaro seat and the airbag light went out (keep in mind I bought a set of the factory GT350 comfort seats). So I started checking and changing sensors on the seats and it turned out to be the pressure pad in the seat bottom of the passenger seat. I actually didn’t think this was the issue, because it triggered the light when there was a light weight on it, but in the end I changed the complete pressure pad over from the Recaro and the light is off and has stayed off."
    Thanks, Joe...This didn't mention the part numbers needed or anything like that though. I'm hoping I can get a list of items needed. Unfortunately, the dealerships in my area are clueless.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jayareed View Post
    Thanks, Joe...This didn't mention the part numbers needed or anything like that though. I'm hoping I can get a list of items needed. Unfortunately, the dealerships in my area are clueless.
    I purchased my seats complete from another car, so I do not have any complete assembly part numbers. Your best bet is to look for some take outs. Because, you will have to purchased individual part numbers, which will be costly.
    2017 Shelby GT350

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I purchased my seats complete from another car, so I do not have any complete assembly part numbers. Your best bet is to look for some take outs. Because, you will have to purchased individual part numbers, which will be costly.
    Thanks Joe. Did you have all of the hookups needed for the leather seats under the recaros when you removed them? Or did you have to get that separately?

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had to run a power and ground wire for the seats into the existing connectors (I would have to look up the terminal part numbers). This is needed for the power seats. The heated and cooled features are not hooked up, because the heater display in the dash is different, plus I was not worried about the heated and cooled features. The only reason I got the recaros in the first place was because that was the only seats available when I ordered my car.
    2017 Shelby GT350

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, Joe.

J

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had to run a power and ground wire for the seats into the existing connectors (I would have to look up the terminal part numbers). This is needed for the power seats. The heated and cooled features are not hooked up, because the heater display in the dash is different, plus I was not worried about the heated and cooled features. The only reason I got the recaros in the first place was because that was the only seats available when I ordered my car.
    Do you have more info on this? I bought a pair of power cloth seats out of a GT and plugged them in but no power. Looking to get that working if possible, if not I’ll put my recaros back in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors