Best aftermarket stripes for gt350r
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Best aftermarket stripes for gt350r within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I just took delivery of a very low mile 2017 black gt30r. It doesn't have the traditional shelby stripes and I'm considering adding the matte ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HellOnWheels

Thread: Best aftermarket stripes for gt350r

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just took delivery of a very low mile 2017 black gt30r. It doesn't have the traditional shelby stripes and I'm considering adding the matte black with gloss red pin stripes. Does anyone recommend a good place to order them? I've seen prices all over the place but am more concerned about quality after spending my hard earned money on the car. Thanks, Michael Hill

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    On some of the other forums some swear by bigwormgraphix.com and say they are cheaper and better made then factory with all different colors.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhillgizmo View Post
    I just took delivery of a very low mile 2017 black gt30r. It doesn't have the traditional shelby stripes and I'm considering adding the matte black with gloss red pin stripes. Does anyone recommend a good place to order them? I've seen prices all over the place but am more concerned about quality after spending my hard earned money on the car. Thanks, Michael Hill

Congrats on your new baby! My 2017 was shadow black with stripe delete. Ford recently bought it back due to issues they could not diagnose and fix. I am expecting my shadow black, stripe delete 2019 soon. I had considered adding matte black stripes with a thin Ford blue pin stripe (I thought if I were to have stripes I would want them subtle).

Because I am adding clear bra and ceramic coating to the car for all over paint protection, I was advised that a matte black will end up somewhat disappearing into the gloss black car and probably looking more shiny than matte.

Ultimately I will leave the car black with stripe delete, have Ford blue calipers and I am having my wheel center caps custom painted with the Cobra because the cheap caps you can buy on ebay don't fit. I had a go around with 2 different types and sets of the cheap ebay caps and they're garbage. I also found better than ebay quality vinyl SHELBY front chin splitter decal letters that have UV protection so they won't shrink like the cheap ones from China.

I don't know if you plan to add any protective coatings to your car I just wanted you to know that matte vinyl can end up looking quite different if you choose to.

If you plan on just waxing and find quality vinyl I think your idea will look sweet! Good luck with your decision. Post pics. if you decide to do it.
    mhillgizmo likes this.
    Currently waiting to start over with Shadow Black 2019 GT350 with Technology pkg. and B & O upgrade. Due late Apr./early May.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors