GT350 COLD START -4°F: how well do GT350 run in the cold?
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on GT350 COLD START -4°F: how well do GT350 run in the cold? within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I recently saw this video on YouTube. It’s a start up of a GT350 at -4°F. Looks like it does pretty well at that temperature. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: GT350 COLD START -4°F: how well do GT350 run in the cold?

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I recently saw this video on YouTube. It’s a start up of a GT350 at -4°F. Looks like it does pretty well at that temperature. How does your GT350 run in cold weather?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ze5hgVBlkjE&t=158s

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These cars are not designed to run in cold weather. The summer performance tires cannot be used below 30 degrees and definitely not below 20 degrees. The compound in the tire will crack by moving the car at 20 degrees and colder per Michelin personal phone call by my friend who owns a tire shop. Your tire is not covered under warranty should you have cracks in the tires. Not sure what this guys video really does? I think he is not even aware of the tire issues as well.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    BS on the cracking unless you are running the cup 2's that are on the 350R. This has been discussed many times and a lot know about the Michelin phone call. Read your owners supplement on the GT350 (non R) and it clearly states only that its not safe to drive car tires below 45 degrees that they are summer tires. If they did crack Ford would have to give you new ones. P.S. I've been on 3 Shelby forums for a long time and owned two that were driven and set out side all winter in down to zero weather. And never had a cracked tire and never read a post of any one with outside car driving it in cold winter getting a cracked tire.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok whatever you say hmm guess don’t read your owners manual and who cares about the maintenance recommends either. To each his own.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The key word here is IF STORING. Your not storing them if on car and its outside plus they are aired up on rim. They're talking about if not on car and you want to store them not to leave them in 19 degree or less weather. SHOW ME a single post where a car left out in the cold and driven have had cracked sidewalls on the Gt350 (not the R). There are people all over that drive theirs all winter long and no problem with tires cracking only safety issue when really cold for summer tires. Do you think no one in Canada ever drives there car in the winter with summer tires on it. And every one in winter where it gets really cold have a heated garage there car is in. Good try though!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am here to share info which there is a thread from last fall / winter of a forum member being clueless. He drives his car in winter weather and wonders why his car is out of control? And your response is basically no worries drive your car in winter months when it’s below 19 degrees? And sure I can change my motor oil every 30-50k and no big deal. I am curious to know if you actually drive your car with summer tires around in the 20-30 degree days hauling ass in the back roads? And or you have to drive her very gently around the corners and be very aware your traction ain’t so good? And the MANUFACTURER of the Tire has recommended this but yeah I guess by your statement the Manufacture is wrong? To the point they tell you to buy all season tires and or Winter tires for WINTER driving. As far as cracked tire I am not sure one would truly see this that’s not a tire person. And who actually does drive their car below 19 degrees on a regular basis? This is info and for an argument kind of silly being the manual has instructions. And a guy posts a video starting his car in —4 degrees? For what does this really prove? And for which now you and I are going back and forth. I have plenty of options on cars to not be forced to subject myself to ignoring recommendations on taking care of my cars properly.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The key word here is IF STORING. Your not storing them if on car and its outside plus they are aired up on rim. They're talking about if not on car and you want to store them not to leave them in 19 degree or less weather. SHOW ME a single post where a car left out in the cold and driven have had cracked sidewalls on the Gt350 (not the R). There are people all over that drive theirs all winter long and no problem with tires cracking only safety issue when really cold for summer tires. Do you think no one in Canada ever drives there car in the winter with summer tires on it. And every one in winter where it gets really cold have a heated garage there car is in. Good try though!
    I'm just going to say I have seen the super sports crack in sub-freezing temps first hand. Z06 cracked all 4 moving 4 feet on a cold day. And I'm sorry, but running summer performance tires in the winter is absolutely stupid and dangerous. Everyone I've personally seen that's running their car in the winter has gotten all seasons or winters put on. And as for our Canadian friends, I know for a fact none of them run summers because it's illegal in Canada to not have winter tires.
    Iceage and 03reptile like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Iceage your full of it. Like the way you dodged the fact they only say IF STORED in the manual. And no all of us that still drive our cars in the winter don't go driving like hell. Myself if streets are dry I will drive it around slowly for awhile till tires warmed up and then if not extremely cold even though below 45 degrees may drive two miles on highway at a careful speed out to the store just to enjoy car. You need to check other Shelby forums. Every winter this subject comes up and theirs always those that misread what the manual says (not what Michelin says) and a lot drive there cars in winter CAREFULLY with summer tires and no they aren't going to crack. Do you even have a Shelby GT 350? And to answer the post above. I didn't know about Canada and winter tires so apologize, was wrong on that. BUT the Z06 has cup 2 tires on them and yes they will definitely crack. Done with you. You can't fix stupid!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Johnny thanks for being such a nice forum guy that if I don’t agree with your views I am not so smart? Gee really this is how you interact with forum members? My conversation is about 30 degrees and then 20 degrees not about above 30 degrees so your below 45 degrees use is kinda vague. Here is a VIDEO and be sure to[B] FAST FORWARD TO 6:15 and listen carefully since you basically claim my conversation is STUPID. And yeah I owned a 17 GT350 traded her for a 19 GT PP1 Auto and Magna ride. She’s awesome but has the same issue SUMMER TIRES which I park her for the COLD months. That’s the only reason I am even sharing info because you should not drive these cars on 30 degree or less days should you be aware of what’s recommended And yeah you can drive your car all you want at any temp and does not really make a big deal to me I am just SHARING INFO which your totally against. Curious if you will leave in the comments area on the video and say “the guy and Ford they are stupid?”

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny1 View Post
    Iceage your full of it. Like the way you dodged the fact they only say IF STORED in the manual. And no all of us that still drive our cars in the winter don't go driving like hell. Myself if streets are dry I will drive it around slowly for awhile till tires warmed up and then if not extremely cold even though below 45 degrees may drive two miles on highway at a careful speed out to the store just to enjoy car. You need to check other Shelby forums. Every winter this subject comes up and theirs always those that misread what the manual says (not what Michelin says) and a lot drive there cars in winter CAREFULLY with summer tires and no they aren't going to crack. Do you even have a Shelby GT 350? And to answer the post above. I didn't know about Canada and winter tires so apologize, was wrong on that. BUT the Z06 has cup 2 tires on them and yes they will definitely crack. Done with you. You can't fix stupid!
    I'm not trying to nitpick you dude, but the Z06 comes with the super sport run flats unless you get the Z07 package.

"Z06 offers your choice of standard Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport ZP summer-only tires† or the track-proven Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 summer-only tires† included with the available Z07 Performance Package. Large standard 14.6"/14.4" two-piece steel rotors give great braking control, and available massive 15.5"/15.3" Brembo® carbon ceramic rotors make stops even shorter."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors