painted my brakes! - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

painted my brakes!

This is a discussion on painted my brakes! within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Looks real good O.P. Anyone wanting a test set of 350 oem calipers to paint or not have to do it on the car. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: painted my brakes!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looks real good O.P.

Anyone wanting a test set of 350 oem calipers to paint or not have to do it on the car. I have a set for sale with low mileage in the classifieds cheap.
    * 2016 Charger Hellcat *

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice job, I need to paint the calipers on my old Evo 8 DD. Did you pull the calipers off the hubs? That was my plan leaving the lines connected and saving the brake bleed. Question, you mention engine enamel and duplicolor 500f, why did you use two enamels?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhillgizmo View Post
    Nice job, I need to paint the calipers on my old Evo 8 DD. Did you pull the calipers off the hubs? That was my plan leaving the lines connected and saving the brake bleed. Question, you mention engine enamel and duplicolor 500f, why did you use two enamels?
    No I left the calipers attached, I just took my time masking and made sure the masking was as complete as possible. Take a black garbage back, cut a 2" incision and then stretch it over the caliper to make the best/tightest mask possible.
    Whatever paint may have hit the caliper through all that got taken off the second I hit the brakes for the first time I'm sure.

I thought about detaching them and hanging them with coat hangers while leaving the lines attached like you are describing but I don't have tools or know how to do all that confidently. I had a hard enough time getting the car jacked up and the wheels off lol!

I used engine enamel clear and duplicolor 500f because that's what was at the automotive store near me. I'm probably never gonna race or track the car..so 500f is plenty I think. You could get nutty and order the 2000f VHT or whatever but is it necessary, probably not.

If this ever wears off or whatever I'll just do it again. Next time it will be blue!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like it! Looks great

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors