GT350R mufflers
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

GT350R mufflers

This is a discussion on GT350R mufflers within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; does anyone know what brand of mufflers the gt350r models come with from the factory? I was thinking about upgrading to the borla attak exhaust ...

Thread: GT350R mufflers

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

GT350R mufflers

does anyone know what brand of mufflers the gt350r models come with from the factory?
    I was thinking about upgrading to the borla attak exhaust system but if the factory mufflers are a product of ford performance perhaps an upgrade wouldn't be needed.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So first off, thereís no difference in mufflers between the R and a non-R car, thus no need to specify the R. I am not sure who make them. The Borla ATAK is an upgrade. I have it. Itís louder. It sounds evil. Is it worth the price tag?? Meh, personal decision you gotta make. If Iím being honest, Iíd say the difference wasnít worth the price, but Iím still glad I did it. Itís not subtle, itís a significant enough difference, itís just that the stock exhaust is so damn good already on this thing!

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the only difference in the exhaust between a non-R and an R is that a non-R has resonators and the R doesn't (straight pipe from the cats back)
    sound on sport mode is amazing reminds me of "the fastest car on earth" from speed racer.
    I've contemplated wether to upgrade the exhaust but I don't believe it will make a big difference, I have compared videos and the exhaust on the R sounds great, the borla sounds like it drones more.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Zero drone with the Borla.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tfcoe View Post
    the only difference in the exhaust between a non-R and an R is that a non-R has resonators and the R doesn't (straight pipe from the cats back)
    sound on sport mode is amazing reminds me of "the fastest car on earth" from speed racer.
    I've contemplated wether to upgrade the exhaust but I don't believe it will make a big difference, I have compared videos and the exhaust on the R sounds great, the borla sounds like it drones more.
    All you need to do is replace the resonators with either corsa or shiftek. They offer straight pipes. In order to do that just have the muffler shop cut the resonators out and put 1 of these in.

https://shifteck.myshopify.com/produ...e-x-pipe-gt350 | vid to go with it

https://www.americanmuscle.com/corsa...1517gt350.html | vid to go with it

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors