Damn guess it’s a good thing we have manuals!!!
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Damn guess it’s a good thing we have manuals!!!

This is a discussion on Damn guess it’s a good thing we have manuals!!! within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I am a former owner of the Hellcats Challenger and Charger. And can honestly say the HCs are truly crazy fast and can get you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Damn guess it’s a good thing we have manuals!!!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am a former owner of the Hellcats Challenger and Charger. And can honestly say the HCs are truly crazy fast and can get you into trouble very quickly. And not posting this thread from my other Forum to make light of this and more of information sharing.
    https://www.hellcat.org/threads/real...at-day.221009/
    And here’s my Response

ChargerChallenger
    Gold Member
    Hello Hunter just read up to this post and sorry for you and your car. Not making light of this but I tell people all the time these types of things are fixable. And also say when you kill someone then not so fixable. It’s a total bummer beyond bummer but maybe your positing will help someone else here to think twice about where they do a burnout. If you had done this in a crowded area then you and or anyone here doing the same thing could have done serious harm to bystanders and have possibly an involuntary manslaughter conviction. And once again not here to be critical of you hope this helps others to be aware of the power of the HC when not controlled.
    Last edited by Iceage; 11-24-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's seems that it takes one bad burnout for people to learn a valuable life lesson. I had mine 42 years ago, it cost me the front end of my 57' Chevy Belair 2dr Sedan and I owed the village the cost for a new tree.
    Iceage likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jesus! No words....

The had my carpet bind the throttle wide open. Got to third gear before I realized what was happening. Had to turn the key off. This was in my 90 Super Coupe, nothing this new.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These cars are beautiful,fun and deadly all at the same time. You are their master !!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not really sure how having a manual would have made a difference in this situation as the thread title would lead you to believe... If the car takes off, pop it in neutral. Does the same thing in an auto as pushing in the clutch in a manual. Chances are most people in that situation are going to try and smash the brakes on as a reaction, and end up riding it out all the way anyway. Not being a d**k, but I'm not sure how this supports the fact that manuals are better than autos when the car takes off.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I'm not really sure how having a manual would have made a difference in this situation as the thread title would lead you to believe... If the car takes off, pop it in neutral. Does the same thing in an auto as pushing in the clutch in a manual. Chances are most people in that situation are going to try and smash the brakes on as a reaction, and end up riding it out all the way anyway. Not being a d**k, but I'm not sure how this supports the fact that manuals are better than autos when the car takes off.
    Agree. The main thing in any of these situations is not to panic. Sometimes easier said than done, but you're right, auto vs manual in this case wasn't what made the differrence. The severity of the outcome probably depends more on how you react than what flavor of transmission you have.
    Last edited by ringmaster; 11-29-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    MikeM and Grandfather like this.
    2018 GT350, Orange Fury, black stripes/white accent, Convenience Pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah. Unfortunately, 99% of people when they're in the "let's do a sick burnout" mindset, they're paying more attention to how awesome their burnout is than paying attention the car to see what it's doing, and whether or not something is going wrong. By the time you do realize something is wrong, it's usually too late. We've all been there, and I'm just as guilty of it as anyone. There's a huge difference in mental focus on what the car is telling you when you're ripping up a track vs. doing a burnout for someone vs. simply cruising down the highway at 70.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't know if it would have made a difference in this situation but IMO having a manual is slightly better since you can keep both hands on the wheel.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure I understand this burn out thingy. I spent the last 50 plus years trying to keep the tires from spinning in my race cars now that seems to be the thing to do.

Grace and Peace,
    HotLap likes this.
    2018 GT350
    1967 GT350
    1961 Starliner

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestar View Post
    I'm not sure I understand this burn out thingy. I spent the last 50 plus years trying to keep the tires from spinning in my race cars now that seems to be the thing to do.

Grace and Peace,
    I'm not into burnouts either. I like to keep the rubber on the tires and not all over my fenders. Did my share of that with my first car (Olds 442) but after I had to replace the tires I got over it.
    Kayakerjim and HotLap like this.
    2018 GT350, Orange Fury, black stripes/white accent, Convenience Pkg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors