Insurance company for your gt350 - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Insurance company for your gt350

This is a discussion on Insurance company for your gt350 within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I have American Family , have four vehicles and a homeowner policy with them. The GT350 has 100/300 limits at full coverage with 500 deductible ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Insurance company for your gt350

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Insurance for GT350

I have American Family , have four vehicles and a homeowner policy with them. The GT350 has 100/300 limits at full coverage with 500 deductible except glass has $0.00 deductible. I also drive the vehicle around 3000 miles a year the premium is 577 for 6 months, I’m 58,
    Since your in RI you probably will not be driving that much during the winter months, you should look into a low mileage policy option.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    Another USAA guy here, but I agree that’s not always fair to advertise because less than 1% of Americans have access to it.
    USAA here too. I am lucky my husband's family is military and have had it for years, plus it passes on to our kids. My dad is a vet and I've tried to convince him to get USAA for years. He finally broke down and let me walk him through it last year...he is now saving over $3,500 per year and he's getting 10 times better coverage. I agree it feels unfair for those that don't qualify.

PLEASE, PLEASE really research, ask questions and understand what exactly the companies quoting you are covering. Some prices are more affordable but then when you really need the proper coverage for something it turns out that particular coverage isn't in your policy. I hate to see people think they are covered and their fly by night company didn't explain that there's a lot of things that aren't included in what they're paying for.

My recommendation, call USAA anyway. They are soooooo nice and helpful...always! They will walk you through to see "if" you're covered. If it turns out you're not (even if you know up front, call anyway). Let them know all of the great things you've heard about their customer service. Tell them what you are looking to buy and ask questions. If they can't cover you, ask and they will probably take the time to walk you through the types of questions to ask and what types of coverage to ask about when you get other quotes.

I put scenarios out there and said "if this happens, will you cover it?" I am as fully covered as I can be, for every possible scenario they will cover and with zero deductibles across the board. $536 for 6 months and that includes replacement of ALL of my upgrades and extras on the car.

Good luck and be safe!
    2020 Shadow Black, Carbon Fiber Dash, Technology Pkg., Handling Pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I get insurance through The Concord Group out of New Hampshire. They are a little insurance firm so I managed to get some great rates. I pay $80 a month for full coverage and I was 23 when I got my car. The other nice part is my storage insurance only costs me $15 a month for the winter.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Check out Heacock Classic. At least two of my buddies did and ended up switching from what they had.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I totally forgot this about USAA - the annual rebate. I just deposited a check for $587.61.
    king likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also use USAA, if you qualify it's a no-brainer IMO.

I have an agreed value policy with Heacock for my '66 GT350 and was planning on using them for the '17 but USAA was actually a little less expensive. Heacock considered the '17 an exotic due to having over 500HP which increased the premium considerably.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In Northern CA I pay 586 with Farmers (6 months) for a 58 year old male, but it is not my primary car, and I only estimate about 5k miles a year. I also get all the discounts available, multiple cars, multiple policies, Military, Teacher, Good Driver (for now at least)

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Grandpop,
    I'm 63 and live in NC. GEICO for my 2018 GT350, good driving record, and listed 4k miles a year is $940.00 a year. Insurance companys will look at where you live and if it is a conjested area, you pay more...
    Good luck...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors