Potential owner - color/seat questions
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Potential owner - color/seat questions within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Hi Guys, Looking into ordering a 2019. Seats - my heart says Recaros.. my brain says heated/cooled. Thoughts? Would love to hear from those who ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Potential owner - color/seat questions

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Guys,

Looking into ordering a 2019.

Seats - my heart says Recaros.. my brain says heated/cooled. Thoughts? Would love to hear from those who have tried both.. I'll be hopefully checking some out soon.

Color ID: This is Kona blue correct? Name:  AR-180619914.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  67.8 KB

Trying to find a good picture of the new color "performance blue" - it's been hard, I think this may be the best I've found yet on a Raptor site: https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.c...-color-options

So far I'm thinking color options would be:

leaning towards:
    - performance blue, white stripes

other possibilities:
    - magnetic gray, no stripes, black roof
    - kona blue, white stripes (black stripes?)

Speaking with a dealership now about a 2019.. not a done deal yet but I'd like to be ready to jump on it if the opportunity arrises.

Thanks!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    197 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Recaro’s are good if you’re flexible enough for the in and out. The seat bolsters require you either tilt the wheel up or slide under. I find Recaro’s great on the track. If you have a dealer willing to let you order one of their allocation, do it. Color choice becomes difficult when a dealer only gets 2-3 a year.

Good luck. Performance blue is A+
    2017 GT350 - Magnetic Grey - **JTVUDOO**

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tough questions to ask as both of your topics are personal preference; matters not what any of us like, what do YOU like. Having said that...I love my heated/cooled leather seats as much as the next guy, but the Recaro's are awesome. Jim is right in that entry and exit is a required learning curve, but once in...! I don't miss the luxury aspect at all, not even on some 800 mile road trips thus far. Excluding any physical limitations (you're just too big for the Recaro's), I say it's the only way to go. Everyone has an opinion, but another aspect to me that I feel is important is the Recaro's look the part. The other seat does not. You may not care about that. I do. Best thing you can do it try to find one of each and at least sit in them. Better than nothing. I think you've already answered your own question though...you're buying this car for its heart anyways. This car all together is not a brain purchase.

As for color...that's all on you boss. Unless someone else is picking up the tab, I'm gonna pick what I want, and you don't need opinions for that.

Good luck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mine is a daily driver and I love the heated and cooled seats. I wouldn't trade them for anything.
    johnny1 and NoXiDe like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    All your choices are pretty much personal preference, but if you can try out both seat styles that might help you make up your mind. I already had a 2015 GT so I knew what the heated/cooled seats were like and after I tried sitting in a GT350 with the Recaros I knew I wouldn't like them for a car I planned on driving a lot. The Recaros do look cool in the car but I'm really glad I got the leather heated/cooled seats, which are also a lot more adjustable than the Recaros, and for me a lot more comfortable. As for color, well, you'll have to live with it so get what you like. I bought the first 2018 that Ford shipped to the dealer that had the options I wanted, so I didn't choose the color but I'm very happy with it. Whatever you end up with I hope you really enjoy it!
    2018 GT350, Orange Fury, black stripes/white accent, Convenience Pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    Tough questions to ask as both of your topics are personal preference; matters not what any of us like, what do YOU like.
    Yea of course, I get that, just thought would be good to hear what others thought.. I imagine we're all sorta on the same page.

I'll try and see how I fit into the Recaros. I'm big (not gigantic) but 6'2" and 230~.. so first step would be make sure I fit.

This will be a "daily driver" however I don't drive all that much, work from home.. and definitely plan to track it.

Do the heated/cool seats have much in the way of support as in for-the-track type support?

Leaning towards one of the blues.. I'm pretty sure that pic I posted is Kona. The other 2 blues are both pretty, especially if they're the same as the Raptor link.. I think any of the 3 blues would look good. Velocity seems to be the most "shocking" of the 3. Still think the Performance is on top for me right now.

Put a small deposit down today to reserve my place in line (currently first) for the dealer allocation. He said the info he has is first build month is February, first ones in dealerships late March, so estimates anytime April-May would probably be delivery especially if it's marked as "sold" he said those get priority.

Thanks for the responses!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do not own a gt350 yet but I have sat in both seats. I am 6’ and around 220 pounds. I could never be happy with the Recaro seats for a long drive. For the track, YES, but for the street and daily driving, I would have to get the leather.
    Try both and decide for yourself. Just make sure you take the time to try both....

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope you get the opportunity to create your own GT350 from the starting process specing it out and ordering. I am partial to the blues although all the colors are great. I have driven both cars with Recaros and the leather. My preference is the Recaros although I only drive my car about 1500-2000 mi a year so far. When I bought my car almost everything new available where I live had the leather, even a search on eBay found very few with the Recaros and all the other options and color I wanted. Of course try both before ordering if you have the chance. I have Lightning Blue which looks very close to the Performance Blue on the raptor sheet. The Velocity Blue actually looks a little light for my taste. When I went to Utah and drove a Kona Blue car I thought it was a little dark although it had the black stripes, it may have looked different with the white stripes. Like others say these choices are all personal preference so get what you want. I love my car but wish I could have ordered it with Recaros but I didn't have that opportunity so no looking back just forward. Best to you in your journey!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wow, that’s funny....when I was shopping for mine, I could not find a non Recaro car anywhere in my area. No one had one to look at. Wonder if it’s a regional thing? Sometimes some options are more predominant based on where they’re going.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When traded my 16 leather heat/cooled seat blue/black one for a 17 I told dealership only if they could find a new 17 white/blue with leather heat/cooled seats. I got lucky they found one on a showroom floor about 200 miles from here and flat bedded it to my dealership.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors