Potential owner - color/seat questions - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Potential owner - color/seat questions

This is a discussion on Potential owner - color/seat questions within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I have had my 2018 Ruby Red 350 for 5 months. I bought it off the show room floor, and it came with the Recaro ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Potential owner - color/seat questions

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have had my 2018 Ruby Red 350 for 5 months. I bought it off the show room floor, and it came with the Recaro seats. My opinion is that if you are going to drive the car every day get the heated and cooled FORD seats. I have actually looked a buying seats from a salvage yard just to get out of the Recaros. Also I suggest the convenience package, the car has lots of go, so a little luxury is a good thing. RE: color I love my Ruby Red with black strips people stare at it when I drive down main street. But that Kona blue with white strips wow! This car will make you 21 again order it today.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yup I'm 73 and my 2017 blue/white with the heated/cooled leather seats make me feel 18 again. Except performance cars are so low now you would never be able to take them to those drive in movies with a chick. Ha ha

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Put a small deposit down to be first in line? Be careful that you’re not heading down the dreaded road of adjusted dealer mark up. Resist that young man! Don’t reveal your giddiness (warranted) to the dealer. Hide your cards. You can get your dream car and save money for your mods. Read the threads on this site regarding what you paid for your GT 350. There’s a time of year when you’ll have the leverage to get it at MSRP or even lower if you’re patient. As for the other things. I wouldn’t swap my convenience package for anything. Love my air cooled seats. I plan to track the car only to have the Sonoma and Laguna Seca experience. I will drive it mostly for leisure and sport. Don’t intend to race others or the clock with this wonderful machine. I have the Mag Metal Grey with Black Roof No Stripes that you mentioned. Pics attached. Good luck. You’re going to love this car.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Mark

2018 Mag Met Grey Black Roof No Stripes Convenience Package

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just ordered Red Alcantra for the winter project - have the R Recaro’s and the Heated - Cooled - Power - Lumbar GT350 Seats to disassemble and merge the two together - the R Recaro are great and I am 155 pounds - I have to slide the seat back to get out every time - merging them together will be easy but expensive - the guy specializes in custom car interiors so it will look great when done... stay tuned will be the only R Recaro with the sweet set ups we all want
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350 with 875 Whipple

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wanted the heated/cooled seats from the start. I was lucky enough to have two friends with GT350s. One with Convenience seats, vary adjustable for my wife on her side so she can raise the seat up about 5" for comfort and view, and one with the Recaros. (she didn't like them either) I did the Track Attack. They had Recaros. GREAT for the track and 1/2 hour on the track time. I have the convenience seats. I just went on a 2 1/2 week, 5100+ mile road trip. I could have not set in Recaros for 5 to 8 hours a day. The convenience seats hold you in the seat almost as good as the Recaros but are much much more comfortable. Order quick, I had to wait a year and a half because Ford ran out of convenience seats.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YBLEHSGT350 View Post
    the R Recaro are great and I am 155 pounds - I have to slide the seat back to get out every time
    Interesring...I’m a slim 180 (31” waist) and don’t have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by YBLEHSGT350 View Post
    stay tuned will be the only R Recaro with the sweet set ups we all want
    Just cause you mentioned it several times in your post, the only difference between the R and non R seats is the lettering. Seats are identical. But yea, that does sound like it’s gonna be a pretty sweet, and unique project. I wanna see how that turns out. But I guess visually it won’t look any different, you’ll just have heat/cool Recaro’s.

Quote Originally Posted by daalbert View Post
    I wanted the heated/cooled seats from the start. I was lucky enough to have two friends with GT350s. One with Convenience seats, vary adjustable for my wife on her side so she can raise the seat up about 5" for comfort and view, and one with the Recaros. (she didn't like them either) I did the Track Attack. They had Recaros. GREAT for the track and 1/2 hour on the track time. I have the convenience seats. I just went on a 2 1/2 week, 5100+ mile road trip. I could have not set in Recaros for 5 to 8 hours a day. The convenience seats hold you in the seat almost as good as the Recaros but are much much more comfortable. Order quick, I had to wait a year and a half because Ford ran out of convenience seats.
    This topic is about as bad as an oil topic in that everyone’s opinions truly are useless to anyone else. That’s completley awesome you had the fortunate opportunity to extensively try out both. If you’re having a debate about which way to go, yours is the best scenario. Case in point, I completley disagree. I’ve done a couple 700+ mike road trips (in each direction) and found the recaros to be awesome. The support for me made up for any loss in luxury. Based on seat comfort alone, I’d even choose these for long trips over my Lexus IS or my F150. But like we started out with, ya know what they say about opinions, LOL...this one is only mine.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Its been cold here, and I like to turn the heat on the seats and keep my bum warm.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Congrats on getting a 2019. These cars are amazing and get ready for smiles. Personally I really like my Recaros, but if they didn't fit (5'11" 180 lbs) they would be miserable and detract from the otherwise fantastic driving experience. Stop by a dealer or a friend with the Recaros and try them out, only way your going to know if they fit you. Good luck and once your GT350 arrives we'll need pics
    2017 GT350 / Lightning Blue / Electronics Pkg...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I live in Texas, where it's hot-very hot several months out of the year. The heated/cooled seats are some of the most comfortable car seats I've ever used (I'm 32, 5'10 and 180lbs, so my body isn't totally falling apart yet), and I almost always have the cooled air on the seat. I only test drove the Recaros in a Focus RS, it was an incredibly harsh ride (could have just been the RS), but I couldn't imagine my wife really enjoying sitting in them. I use the car for date nights or going to meet clients, so I only drive it twice a week at best. I had a hell of a time finding a 2018 Orange Fury with the cooled/seats and convenience package, had to drive out of town to pick it up - and I even got it at MSRP (this was last April).

Haven't tracked the car yet, but when I do I'm sure these seats will be fine - I'm not going to be breaking any records, and that's fine. 95% of the time I'm cruising on the highway, so the ultra aggressive bolstering doesn't feel necessary. The car is just fun fun fun.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Depends what you want to do with the car. I have a '16 with heated cooled seats and like them when I'm out for a Sunday drive. They are more than adequate also for autocross racing. I've driven same model at track with Ricaros and they're the best when driving fast around corners. I would not have Ricaros for daily driver as they arent easy to get in and out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors