Oil Situation
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Oil Situation

This is a discussion on Oil Situation within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; 9200 miles on the OD. Had the oil changed at the dealership. Didn’t expect to since I bought everything to do it myself. But I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Oil Situation

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oil Situation

9200 miles on the OD. Had the oil changed at the dealership. Didn’t expect to since I bought everything to do it myself. But I was out one day and decided to just check the oil as I do occasionally to see how much it burns. Barley got any oil on the stick. Got it towed for free to the closest dealer and they didn’t even get 2 quarts of oil out of it(was due for an oil change any way that why I didn’t just buy more oil). I knew it burned oil before and I would add some here and there, but it actually burned 8 quarts of oil in 2 1/2 months. I’m not expert but I don’t think that is supposed to happen. Haven’t tracked the car either. Curious as to how normal this is, if it is at all, and or if I should have it looked at?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That seems to be very high oil consumption. Really don't have any insight to why, sorry about that.
    I will tell you that changing to Amsoil over the motorcraft has eliminated the oil consumption problem many people of had with these cars.
    I learned of this by watching auto fanatic on you tube. Guy knows his stuff. Also I have had my first oil change done with the amsoil at 1000 miles and now have had absolutely no oil in my catch can since.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by HELLFIRE; 11-03-2018 at 12:39 PM.
    * 2016 Charger Hellcat *

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If car is using oil changing from one brand to another isn't going to change that at all. You can push that but there isn't any reason to change from using recommended oil unless you just like another brand better. That oil is surely a good oil also but come on its not a miracle worker either. The Motorcraft for this engine is a very good synthetic oil.
    Last edited by johnny1; 11-03-2018 at 12:59 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny1 View Post
    If car is using oil changing from one brand to another isn't going to change that at all. You can push that but there isn't any reason to change from using recommended oil unless you just like another brand better. That oil is surely a good oil also but come on its not a miracle worker either. The Motorcraft for this engine is a very good synthetic oil.
    Yeah oil is oil, lol...
    Do some research instead of guessing man. Amsoil does make the difference. In my car and many others. So if you want to call it a miracle then you do that.
    Fast forward to 57 seconds in and learn something!
    Enjoy!!

https://youtu.be/wltbLPK8nUU
    Last edited by HELLFIRE; 11-03-2018 at 02:30 PM.
    * 2016 Charger Hellcat *

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Good luck with the Amsoil sell. And just cause some one makes a you tube video saying so doesn't mean it is so. Theres also many others that say the recommended Motorcraft synthetic is just as good. Just do what makes you happy but shouldn't push a product that can't be proven for a fact even though its good is any better. And definitely not a proven fact if you change to Amsoil your car will quit using oil. Or every one of us that use oil would run out immediately and buy it. And I don't read on the forums that that's happening.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny1 View Post
    Good luck with the Amsoil sell. And just cause some one makes a you tube video saying so doesn't mean it is so. Theres also many others that say the recommended Motorcraft synthetic is just as good. Just do what makes you happy but shouldn't push a product that can't be proven for a fact even though its good is any better. And definitely not a proven fact if you change to Amsoil your car will quit using oil. Or every one of us that use oil would run out immediately and buy it. And I don't read on the forums that that's happening.
    How about real world results. Like how i have had zero oil consumption since switching and had 3 quarters catch can full with the motor craft crap. Also how about the many others as well with the same results. Get a clue dude. Base your knowledge upon fact not your simple minded guessing when you have zero experience.
    Done with quoting and trying to educate ya. Go crawl back under your rock.
    * 2016 Charger Hellcat *

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Done with you to hope you sell a lot of Amsoil obviously the idea here. No statistic fact that Amsoil is better and will stop consumption. If it worked for you I'm happy for you.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I’m taking my 2018 into dealer for oil change and request consumption test. I’ve done two myself by topping off the level then checking at 321 miles or 500 km. It’s on the edge of that so I want to get it logged in the system. Having it done next Friday.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just for the record folks I have no affiliation with Amsoil or anyone else for that matter. Just stating my results and what a superior product it has been for me and others. If Johnny1 wants to make accusations and ignore actual fact because of his ignorance then so beat it.
    For these reasons it's hard to even respond to threads like this because you want to supply real world situation and help an individual (original poster)and then you get idiotic replies such as above.
    * 2016 Charger Hellcat *

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It wasn't the fact that its good that Amsoil works for you. Its the fact you was insinuating that it will stop oil consumption. Well obviously in your case it has. That does not mean that if you use it consumption will stop in our cars. You should have been saying it works for you and if others want to try it so be it. The actual fact I was stating is there are no statistics proving it will stop oil consumption if used instead of Motorcraft. Should stick with your personal proven facts not that it will if used in our cars consumption will stop that's just not a proven fact. Oh well! I'm sure you don't get it but thats ok. I'm still glad it works for you. And you sir I'm done now for sure with you. Have a good evening.
    HRLNKN likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors