Tickets???
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Tickets???

This is a discussion on Tickets??? within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Have been wondering if anyone has had tickets and what for? I decided to go ahead and ask. I got my first "infraction" today. I ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Tickets???

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tickets???

Have been wondering if anyone has had tickets and what for?

I decided to go ahead and ask. I got my first "infraction" today. I parked in a legal spot downtown in the city. Came back 20 mins. later, what the hell is this on my windshield?

Frickin' cop gave me infraction for no front license plate. OMG are you kidding me? When I headed to the freeway to get out of town, I drove really angry. I don't think I have any tread left and the other drivers were having a ball watching me. I figured if they're going to ticket me, I might as well drive as if the ticket was for a real reason.

Fine is $147 but I thought well I guess I'll suck it up. I refuse to break up the look of the front end with a license plate.

HEADS UP: If any of you are not aware, these cars don't come with front license plate brackets (at least my dealer didn't order one so mine didn't have it). I called in and told the officer that they are not in dealer stock and I have one on order. Got away with it...phew! No fine.

if you happen to face this issue, try the excuse. If you ever park in the downtown area of a city, place your front plate in your front window while you're parked. It might work.

I have cops all over where I live and they don't bother me a bit. Just in the city I guess.
    2020 Shadow Black, Carbon Fiber Dash, Technology Pkg., Handling Pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That Sucks, I could see a ticket for no seat belt, when i do a new car inspection on these vehicles or a higher end ford, majority of customer request not to get the front license plate installed. Thanks for the heads up and stay safe.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Every state requires a front plate. Not sure why people get pissed when they get a ticket for it. I keep my front plate in my windshield and I’ve not had any issues. You can get a plate holder that does not put holes in the front bumper as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heck that’s a good ending but thought the posting would be more like: got pulled over today having way too much fun at 150 and damn I have challenges lol. Cause those are some true stories out there in the real world.
    And not every state requires a front license plate. Florida is just one of others and with today’s technology why the hell ain’t there a digital plate option standard on cars lol.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No front plate required here in AZ ... in fact the state doesn't even issue a second plate.
    MyLittlePony and extrachrispy like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Lots of states have only one - in Nebraska an extra $100 yearly keeps it off as long as its a sports car that doesn’t have any holes drilled for a bracket - I have been flanked several times but as soon as they run the plate they peel off - didn’t even know it was possible until the lady at the courthouse told me. My user name is my plate.
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350R with 875 Whipple tuned to 903hp

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Kansas issues only one plate for the back also.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do a google search on "No Drill Front License Plate Holder." There are several on the market. Mine comes off in about 10 seconds for car shows and cars & coffee. It was my second mod to the car.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The gap filler for your seats were the first mod though right, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

Probably my most helpful mod I had to get after owning the car for a full week. lol I lost my keys multiple times.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I had a C6 Corvette for 12 years without a front plate and now my GT for 1 1/2 years. I received three or four written warnings in the C6 and so far three in the GT. All of the LEO’s are very nice about it; one trooper wrote the warning and asked “do I have any reasonable expectation that you are going to put that front plate on?”

This is Texas, so half the time the LEO wants to talk about what kind if concealed handgun you are carrying.
    ringmaster and extrachrispy like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors