Tickets??? - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Tickets???

This is a discussion on Tickets??? within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Originally Posted by tex929rr Around here just running straight at speed won’t work, but if you are close enough to an intersection where there are ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Tickets???

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tex929rr View Post
    Around here just running straight at speed won’t work, but if you are close enough to an intersection where there are multiple ways to go, it can work just fine. I can think of three times when that worked for me. Twice on a CBR929RR and once on my RC30. Plus it gives you plausible deniability. “I was being chased?”.
    Your exactly right on the point where if you turn regularly and then just speed up turning left, right, right, etc.. and you might get away (I know it works). I was heading down the highway at night on the Hayabusa about 99 mph and I passed a police car parked on the side of a tree and when he pulled out I sped up to 205mph and turned off the highway about 5 miles further. I don't think he could have even identified the motorcycle because I am sure all he saw was a black streak go by.

When I was 17 I was going about 130mph in my dad's 460 Lincoln Continental on the highway and I had just watched Smokey And the Bandit and so I had the idea to turn into a neighborhood and pull in between two houses and slam on the brakes, put it in park and remove my foot from the brake pedal (it was about 12:30 at night).
    Last edited by BigblockCobra; 10-24-2018 at 09:38 AM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Speeding

I got stopped in my GT 350 on my way home from enjoying a great dinner in celebration of my 74th birthday. I was doing a little street racing with a Camaro and looked down to see that I was doing 120 mph. About that time the red and blue lights lit up my rear view mirror. I pulled over and handed the officer my paperwork ,he looked at my license and said"i would think you would know better by now at your age" I responded "obviously not". He chuckled and said "keep it down"

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No Front Plate

I got pulled over by a CA CHP. He got me at 91 in a 65. Nice young guy, he asked about the car, we talked about it. He did his thing and came back and told me he was sorry but had to write me a ticket, it was for No Front Plate.. got a warning for the 91. When my CHP neighbor was signing off the fixit, he laughed at the 91. A few weeks later a local motorcycle cop pulled me over for being too loud. He spouted all his BS and as he circled my car, he asked where my front plate was. Another fix it ticket. Again to my neighbor to sign it off.. I had just received my new Black and Gold plates, so this time I actually fixed it. Made my own bracket, and cut the size of the plate way down to fit in angled edge and to not block air flow. Third time I got checked, DUI checkpoint, they did the walk around and did not say anything about my front plate.Name:  91 in a 65.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  75.0 KBName:  plate.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  198.7 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A few days ago I was able to go a few miles out into farm country. I hit a really long straight away between corn fields. No one coming in either direction. I finally got some room to remind myself how fast this car really is. My area is so highly driven that even in the middle of corn field row you usually get a car in front of you.

A few months back I was sitting side by side with a Hellcat at a red light. We had a little fun but we both knew, if caught, car is repo'd for 30 days and you pay all fines and fees if you want your car back. I think he was using his black key because I was able to keep up quite well. I think the red key should have been able to smoke me. Although the Mopar is much heavier and because I usually only get off the line practice at the track, I gave myself a bit of wheel hop at take off.
    2020 Shadow Black, Carbon Fiber Dash, Technology Pkg., Handling Pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by g3012 View Post
    I got pulled over by a CA CHP. He got me at 91 in a 65. Nice young guy, he asked about the car, we talked about it. He did his thing and came back and told me he was sorry but had to write me a ticket, it was for No Front Plate.. got a warning for the 91. When my CHP neighbor was signing off the fixit, he laughed at the 91. A few weeks later a local motorcycle cop pulled me over for being too loud. He spouted all his BS and as he circled my car, he asked where my front plate was. Another fix it ticket. Again to my neighbor to sign it off.. I had just received my new Black and Gold plates, so this time I actually fixed it. Made my own bracket, and cut the size of the plate way down to fit in angled edge and to not block air flow. Third time I got checked, DUI checkpoint, they did the walk around and did not say anything about my front plate.Name:  91 in a 65.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  75.0 KBName:  plate.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  198.7 KB
    Geez here in Washington state the 91 in a 65 would not have gotten a warning. My daughter just got nailed for 90 it was a $400 ticket. Cops up here don't overlook anything. A few years back with another one of my cars that had the front plate on, I got pulled over and I couldn't figure out what I had done...cop slapped a meter on my tinted window...too dark (really, a window?)! And many years ago with my ITASCA car I kept getting nailed for purple hover lights and noise...lol. I've grown up so much since then!
    2020 Shadow Black, Carbon Fiber Dash, Technology Pkg., Handling Pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellOnWheels View Post
    Geez here in Washington state the 91 in a 65 would not have gotten a warning. My daughter just got nailed for 90 it was a $400 ticket. Cops up here don't overlook anything. A few years back with another one of my cars that had the front plate on, I got pulled over and I couldn't figure out what I had done...cop slapped a meter on my tinted window...too dark (really, a window?)! And many years ago with my ITASCA car I kept getting nailed for purple hover lights and noise...lol. I've grown up so much since then!
    Don't be fooled by g3012's lucky break (nice break by the way- OP)...here in CA, I've never caught a break, and average a speeding ticket about every 3 years. Can't really complain though, every single time I've earned it and the officers generally give me a break on the ticket speed by writing me up at 80mph. However, I really think we need legislation to keep insurance companies from gouging for simple speeding violations as everyone speeds, and, unless it's something serious like reckless driving then we'll pay the fine. But to also have to pay higher insurance premiums for 3 yrs. for something everyone, (including the insurance company execs), does is just a rip off! Especially if you have an otherwise spotless driving record...
    extrachrispy likes this.
    2017 GT350 / Lightning Blue / Electronics Pkg...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HotLap View Post
    Don't be fooled by g3012's lucky break (nice break by the way- OP)...here in CA, I've never caught a break, and average a speeding ticket about every 3 years. Can't really complain though, every single time I've earned it and the officers generally give me a break on the ticket speed by writing me up at 80mph. However, I really think we need legislation to keep insurance companies from gouging for simple speeding violations as everyone speeds, and, unless it's something serious like reckless driving then we'll pay the fine. But to also have to pay higher insurance premiums for 3 yrs. for something everyone, (including the insurance company execs), does is just a rip off! Especially if you have an otherwise spotless driving record...

I think if you own a GT350 you should be automatically exempt from speeding tickets. Speeding for other cars is just cruising for a 350.
    NoXiDe, extrachrispy and HotLap like this.
    2018 GT350, Orange Fury, black stripes/white accent, Convenience Pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
    I think if you own a GT350 you should be automatically exempt from speeding tickets. Speeding for other cars is just cruising for a 350.
    What if you used that line on a cop.

Officer: Do you know why I pulled you over?

Your reply: Was I driving too slow for a GT350?

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    $147 for a fix it ticket? What state is that in? I won't be moving there. Ridiculous.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DCShelby View Post
    Every state requires a front plate. Not sure why people get pissed when they get a ticket for it. I keep my front plate in my windshield and I’ve not had any issues. You can get a plate holder that does not put holes in the front bumper as well.
    I live in New Mexico and it does not require a front plate
    extrachrispy likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors