Tickets??? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Tickets???

This is a discussion on Tickets??? within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Originally Posted by brad This is a "I should have been ticketed" story. This past summer, I was going to MD from FL for my ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Tickets???

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    This is a "I should have been ticketed" story.

This past summer, I was going to MD from FL for my 30th HS reunion. Right after I took delivery of my GT350 I ordered a Valentine One radar detector since I would probably not be able to resist the urge to exceed the speed limit from time to time.
    Driving up I-95 in SC, there is a section where the woods in the median are very close to the edge of the left lane. Traffic was light so I was cruising at about 110mph. I crested a small hill and noticed a slow moving semi in the right lane, so I moved into the left.
    I began to pass him and as I reached the front of his rig, my radar detector went from silent to full song. I caught a fleeting glance of South Carolina's Finest, tucked into what looked like a duck blind for state troopers. He was only able to sample my speed with his radar gun for at most 1 sec before there were trees between him and I.
    I hung my head in shame as I knew I was about to get my first ticket since 1989. I moved into the right lane and kept one eye on the rear view mirror as I waited for the flashing lights to crest the hill. I waited. And waited. It dawned on me that he was not in pursuit and that made exactly zero sense.
    He had me dead to rights at 110mph.
    The only explanation I can come up with is that my position relative to the semi truck as I passed the trooper is what saved me. The trooper saw the semi's speed in the radar gun's display, not mine, since the signal received from the reflection off the semi must have been several db greater than the return off my car.
    I have come to accept that explanation, since I assume that state troopers have a momentary sense of glee whenever they get to pull over a Mustang.
    My brother used to drive big trucks. They used to have a code (not sure anymore) they would help drivers if they saw something coming up. They try to warn you if they can. Otherwise they try to position themselves as best as possible to block you. They know the cop can't get an accurate reading through their load. Depending on the trucking company logo and the type of truck, I will usually not worry too much if there is a semi next to me.
    2020 Shadow Black, Carbon Fiber Dash, Technology Pkg., Handling Pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DCShelby View Post
    Every state requires a front plate. Not sure why people get pissed when they get a ticket for it. I keep my front plate in my windshield and I’ve not had any issues. You can get a plate holder that does not put holes in the front bumper as well.
    I used to drive my classic car without a front plate and didn't have any trouble. I thought it would be okay on this car. Wouldn't be pissed at ticket for no front plate if I had been driving. But when parked? Come on. Just figured if/when I got my 1st it would be for the driving I do, not a plate. That being said, if I get nailed for no front plate I won't be happy but will take the ticket because I will not put a plate on that gorgeous front end. Drilled or non drilled bracket not for me.
    2020 Shadow Black, Carbon Fiber Dash, Technology Pkg., Handling Pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellOnWheels View Post
    Funny. Years ago when I had my Camaro (hated it but my dad was helping me pay for it and he's a Chevy guy) every time I got pulled over (which was a lot) as the cop was walking up to the window, I'd hand him my license and say "what did I do now". They did not enjoy my attitude but being female back then was very helpful
    Yep, being a cute young female had its advantages at times. I was driving a '68 442 with some nice under-the-hood mods so I got stopped frequently enough that I was able to greet several of the cops that pulled me over by name. Ended up marrying one of them in fact. Fun times.
    2018 GT350, Orange Fury, black stripes/white accent, Convenience Pkg.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoXiDe View Post
    The gap filler for your seats were the first mod though right, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

Probably my most helpful mod I had to get after owning the car for a full week. lol I lost my keys multiple times.
    So funny. I dropped by phone between the door and seat last night. Holy crap it was a royal PITA to get it back out LOL

As far as Tickets go, if I don't keep my foot from the floor I will get one sooner rather than later. I have only had my car for a week and the realization is that if I don't stop what I'm doing I will be getting lots of tickets. This car is simply so much fun to drive fast that I simply can't help myself. I wonder if I let them take it for a drive if they will still ticket me
    Last edited by Bravnik; 10-22-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Lots of states only have a single plate and others like Nebraska can be altered by a Fee - Nebraska charges $100 each year for the Plate Delete option - it’s simple
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350R with 875 Whipple tuned to 903hp

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thankfully here in Georgia no front plates are required but i’m Definitely giving myself time before the first ticket, or not?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are no front plate laws in Kansas. As far as any other ticket is concerned, A Charger police car can't ticket what it can't catch...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Those days of not catch are long gone. For some time its called the police radio. They simply call and unless you can disappear pretty quick some where its called a road block. You go to jail and you loose your car. I've told some of our local cops I know turn off that radio and you don't have a chance, ha ha.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny1 View Post
    Those days of not catch are long gone. For some time its called the police radio. They simply call and unless you can disappear pretty quick some where its called a road block. You go to jail and you loose your car. I've told some of our local cops I know turn off that radio and you don't have a chance, ha ha.
    For some reason the radio never seemed to work against my modified black Hayabusa.Name:  2012_Suzuki_Hayabusa_Glass_Sparkle_Black.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  189.1 KB[ATTACH=CONFIG]10936
    Last edited by BigblockCobra; 10-23-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigblockCobra View Post
    For some reason the radio never seemed to work against my modified black Hayabusa.
    Around here just running straight at speed won’t work, but if you are close enough to an intersection where there are multiple ways to go, it can work just fine. I can think of three times when that worked for me. Twice on a CBR929RR and once on my RC30. Plus it gives you plausible deniability. “I was being chased?”.
    HotLap likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors