Don’t Buy This Leadfoot gray GT350
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Don’t Buy This Leadfoot gray GT350 within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I am going through the buyback process of my GT 350 after its second engine and clutch still sticking to the floor. Also A wrench ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By galaxy

Thread: Don’t Buy This Leadfoot gray GT350

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am going through the buyback process of my GT 350 after its second engine and clutch still sticking to the floor. Also A wrench light is displayed while driving and the hill start assist disabled upon coming to a stop .

Some people think I’m crazy to buy another one after these problems and reading the forums with over 30 failed engines .. but where else can you get V8 rev’ing to 8,250 Rpm and a FPC (Flat Plane Crank)

My car wash guy told me a funny but true statement.. He goes Look, “it’s not about the miles per gallon... it’s the Smiles per gallon” 😭😭😂 lol

Anyway let me get back on task..
    So going through the buyback, i’m again, in the market for a GT 350. When I saw FORD’s inventory from there website I saw there was one available at Scarsdale FORD , which was about 1 mile away , GREAT! (So I thought) I walked in I didn’t see it on the showroom floor I walked the small lot and almost didn’t see it and then it was hiding all the way in the back, and I thought to myself why !? Well here’s Why...

You and I can guess this car will be repaired locally and sold as-new SMH 🏻

So if it wasn’t that this dealer didn’t take me seriously when I was in the market buying my first one and blew me off like I’m some young punk , I probably wouldn’t post this lol BUT Karmas a B*tch loll take that SCARSDALE Ford
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow, that's an awful thing to see! Based on the window sticker date that's been at the dealer (or somewhere) since May of this year...can't believe it's just sitting there, crazy!! OP. what's the story on that GT350?
    2017 GT350 / Lightning Blue / Electronics Pkg...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustNoize View Post

Some people think I’m crazy to buy another one after these problems and reading the forums with over 30 failed engines ..
    Good lookin out on the damaged one, but I have a question. Or more a recommendation on how you should respond to folks...

If you had a greater than 95% chance of winning the lottery, would you play? If skydiving had less than a 5% failure rate, would you jump? If divorce had a less than 5% failure rate, would you get married? Hell, people get married when it has a 50% failure rate, so why the $%&@ are soooo many people hell bent on bashing this engine when blown motors and replacements for burning oil, to the best of anyone's knowledge, account for way less than 5% of these things running the streets? The forums have ruined the attitude about this thing and ran off probably many potential customers. Oh well. I'm a glass half full kinda guy. Assume you are too since you're getting another one (I'd do the same without hesitation), so maybe spread that to the naysayers. Over 30 failed engines...with tens of thousands on the road!?!? I get it though, I know it's completely aggravating when you're the one affected. It just sucks all around.
    Last edited by galaxy; 08-29-2018 at 08:10 AM.
    king, JustNoize and HotLap like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    Good lookin out on the damaged one, but I have a question. Or more a recommendation on how you should respond to folks...

If you had a greater than 95% chance of winning the lottery, would you play? If skydiving had less than a 5% failure rate, would you jump? If divorce had a less than 5% failure rate, would you get married? Hell, people get married when it has a 50% failure rate, so why the $%&@ are soooo many people hell bent on bashing this engine when blown motors and replacements for burning oil, to the best of anyone's knowledge, account for way less than 5% of these things running the streets? The forums have ruined the attitude about this thing and ran off probably many potential customers. Oh well. I'm a glass half full kinda guy. Assume you are too since you're getting another one (I'd do the same without hesitation), so maybe spread that to the naysayers. Over 30 failed engines...with tens of thousands on the road!?!? I get it though, I know it's completely aggravating when you're the one affected. It just sucks all around.
    Right on brother ! yeah Man, and i guess i'll get to go to another Track attack !! LOLL that was worth it for me ! loll

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What was the damage from? Did they tell you?

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoXiDe View Post
    What was the damage from? Did they tell you?
    I didn't even bother to find out. looks like delivery damage IMO

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tens of Thousands of these on the road? Wait a minute. I thought I read that this is a limited production car. That they make just 5500 a year. When was the VooDoo first installed? 2015? So, maybe just 22k on the road? Even if that’s true, I agree that the engine failure rate sounds over reported. Unless of course, you’re one of those whose engine blew up. I do get the worry part of this high revving engine. But don’t let it take away from the joy of driving this beast. Smiles per gallon......I like that one.😎
    Mark

2018 Mag Met Grey Black Roof No Stripes Convenience Package

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors