The Best Thumbs Up Car... ever
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on The Best Thumbs Up Car... ever within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I’ve been thinking about this post for a couple months now, time to reach out and see if I’m imagining this phenomenon. I spent my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The Best Thumbs Up Car... ever

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    197 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I’ve been thinking about this post for a couple months now, time to reach out and see if I’m imagining this phenomenon.

I spent my working years as a Rep for a major car company. I got a new vehicle to drive every 3-4 months, and they were always top shelf.

Well after probably upwards of 100 different new cars over the years, None of them has gotten me the recognition that the GT350 has. This is by far the best “Thumbs Up” vehicle I’ve ever driven. You can’t seem to go anywhere that doesn’t end up without a positive comment or simple Thumbs up. This car is great for ones self esteme, right?
    Last edited by JimT; 08-13-2018 at 07:59 PM.
    2017 GT350 - Magnetic Grey - **JTVUDOO**

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Its a great feeling - Young and Old are amazed!

It really is fun to own a Shelby!

Name:  Shelby.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  328.8 KB
    Fast Fun & Ford - 2018 Shelby GT350R with 875 Whipple tuned to 903hp

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Its not just the stripes either. I've had mine for a month. Countless waves, head turns, audible "oh man's" or "look at that" as I drive by. They usually hear me coming, look, and then can't turn away. The reaction is palpable. Yes Jim, our cool factor has gone way up. My wife tells me to go drive my truck so I can get my feet back on the ground. And you know how when after you get a car that you've never had, you then see them all the time? I have not experienced that. In fact, I have not seen one like our class going back nine months when my research for a 5.0 changed to a Shelby. Except for the show room floor, I have not seen em'. Must be the limited production? Corvette drivers have this thing that they do. They wave to one another on the road. An acknowledgement of being in the club. My sister let me driver hers a long time ago. I still remember the waves from the other drivers. The Shelby reaction reminds me of that.
    JimT likes this.
    Mark

2018 Mag Met Grey Black Roof No Stripes Convenience Package

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It is a special car.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    HotLap likes this.
    Mark

2018 Mag Met Grey Black Roof No Stripes Convenience Package

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Jim, 100% agree with you this car is instantly recognizable and that amazing FPC exhaust note just pulls in the compliments. Three of my neighbor's sons on the block all want a Shelby "just like mine". One told his mom (who drives a red Camaro) "Now that's what a muscle car sounds like mom, you need to get one of those!" Another good friend's son (who just started driving) informed his dad that when his younger sister is old enough to drive, he'll give her his Civic and buy my Shelby...too funny

Oh, almost forgot, Mark, looking SHARP!! I just picked up a new Raptor in Magnetic and it's an amazing color. Hides dirt pretty well too!
    2017 GT350 / Lightning Blue / Electronics Pkg...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I get the stares and waves with both my Shelbys but mostly with the GT350. I drove my brother to the local Honda dealership to pick up his new ride and walked into the showroom with him. I looked out the window after a couple of minutes and all the sales peeps were outside checking out my Shelby. Too funny.
    2018 GT350, Orange Fury, black stripes/white accent, Convenience Pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimT View Post
    I’ve been thinking about this post for a couple months now, time to reach out and see if I’m imagining this phenomenon.

I spent my working years as a Rep for a major car company. I got a new vehicle to drive every 3-4 months, and they were always top shelf.

Well after probably upwards of 100 different new cars over the years, None of them has gotten me the recognition that the GT350 has. This is by far the best “Thumbs Up” vehicle I’ve ever driven. You can’t seem to go anywhere that doesn’t end up without a positive comment or simple Thumbs up. This car is great for ones self esteme, right?
    I get more stop light racers than thumbs up. Then again, I usually don't check out what the occupants of other vehicles are looking at. I lost that habit once I got married and wasn't in the market for hot babes anymore. LOL

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Pretty much the same here - grocery store, downtown pretty much any where i go. The other day my 4 year old grand daughter told mom and dad " I love the sound of the shelby" and she loves the 66 - busy setting the priorities early.....

Name:  WhlHSObkSq6jx3tL25shpg.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  2.43 MBName:  fullsizeoutput_2681.jpeg
Views: 238
Size:  2.07 MB
    2017 Shelby GT 350
    2018 F250 Lariat 4X4
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4 Summit EcoDiesel

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My wife was on vacation with her mother and grandmother when I bought the Shelby. She looked at one with me, sat in one, but didn't go for a ride. I kept telling her the same thing all of you are saying. Nearly every time I drive it, someone says something to me about it. She didn't believe me until she came home and went for a ride. Made 2 stops and had a conversation with a stranger at each! On the way home she admitted she thought I was exaggerating haha.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My '18 doesn't do as well as my '67 and my Starliner, depends on the crowd. Lot's of ol' guys ask lots of questions about the "high riser" in my Starliner.
    2018 GT350
    1967 GT350
    1961 Starliner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors