Weather Mode & AUTO Climate Mode Question
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on Weather Mode & AUTO Climate Mode Question within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Question? Does anyone have the specifics on the weather mode and how the ECU affects the drivability during weather mode? 1)I observed that the ECU ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Weather Mode & AUTO Climate Mode Question

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question? Does anyone have the specifics on the weather mode and how the ECU affects the drivability during weather mode?
    1)I observed that the ECU appeared to change the acceleration and torque throughout all gears but most specifically in 1st was significantly noticeable.
    2)I also observed it set the exhaust note to normal mode which brings up my next question why does it do that? Is it trying to prevent water from entering the exhaust?

Question #2) How does the AUTO climate work? It was 80 degrees, raining, and I felt like freezing with AUTO climate on. I had to manually set it to 76 degrees which was more pleasant than the auto mode. How does the AUTO mode work and what is it looking for as I've not owned a vehicle with auto climate.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've used rain mode a few times, in heavy rain and I thought it helped the suspension soften and throttle feel a bit muted. As for actual words from Ford, I don't think they have actually dais what it does...Its has nothing to do with wanter gettin into the exhaust.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yup. Why is the exhaust set to quiet in normal mode? It's just what they chose. Can't capture everyone's personal preference.

Not sure what you're doing or asking about with full AUTO mode as you still have to select a temperature. AUTO mode will manipulate everything it thinks it needs to do to meet YOUR requested temperature. "Manually" setting a temperature (as you put it) is how you're supposed to do it. You can't just hit the AUTO button and go; it's not fire and forget. It's got to have a user selected target. Adjusting temperature does not take you out of AUTO mode. Adjusting fan speed or manually selecting a zone or function will. Hope that helped, or hope I'm getting at what you're asking.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DCShelby View Post
    I've used rain mode a few times, in heavy rain and I thought it helped the suspension soften and throttle feel a bit muted. As for actual words from Ford, I don't think they have actually dais what it does...Its has nothing to do with wanter gettin into the exhaust.
    Yeah, I didn't mind. I can see they were trying to make it so that you wouldn't peel out in the rain accidentally. It made the car feel like a 4 cylinder though.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    Yup. Why is the exhaust set to quiet in normal mode? It's just what they chose. Can't capture everyone's personal preference.

Not sure what you're doing or asking about with full AUTO mode as you still have to select a temperature. AUTO mode will manipulate everything it thinks it needs to do to meet YOUR requested temperature. "Manually" setting a temperature (as you put it) is how you're supposed to do it. You can't just hit the AUTO button and go; it's not fire and forget. It's got to have a user selected target. Adjusting temperature does not take you out of AUTO mode. Adjusting fan speed or manually selecting a zone or function will. Hope that helped, or hope I'm getting at what you're asking.
    I thought when you pressed AUTO it would adjust the temperature for you automatically to a "comfort" zone which to me was not comfortable but that would make sense as it was pushing 69*. I'm still confused as to what the button does versus manually adjusting the temperature with the auto button turned off. I thought it would sense the rain, the front windshield becoming foggy, and would adjust so you can see from the front.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok check your Sync 3 manual. You set in the upper left and right the temperature you want. Then depending on whether you want heat or air you push that button and then auto button. The fan will then either increase or slow down accordingly to keep the temperature inside car at the setting you have on the upper left and right of screen. Once you figure it out its really nice.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Building on what you and johnny said...you are correct...it is supposed to make a guess that you need defrost, or the air turned on, etc, etc. You are correct in that you don't have to hit any button but the "auto" button. You don't have turn on/off the A/C first. To use full auto, just hit auto, select your temp, and you're off and running. The car wil look at ambient vs commanded temp and it will decide if it needs the A/C on. If so, it will turn it on. It will also automatically select max A/C or recirc as needed based on your commanded temperature demands. Is it perfect at determining humidity, needing defrost, etc?? IDK. Probably not. I hardly ever use auto anyways. But I mean think about it for a second NoX...how the hell is the car supposed to know what temperature YOU are comfortable at? You may like 68* and I like 77*.

You also don't have to set the left/right temps separate. Leave it in dual mode and it adjusts both sides the same controlled by the drivers controller. If you use the passenger controller, it will take you out of dual mode and the passenger controller controls the passenger side, and now the driver temp controller only adjust the drivers side...until you select dual again. Then it reverts back to dual mode where the driver controls both sides to the same temp.

So, in simple terms, the auto selection controls everything except the temperature and the rear defrost.

Here's a neat feature and this is how I operate mine on a daily basis. Manually selecting a fan speed or a compartment selection will take it out of auto (recall that fan speed is an auto function). I put mine in auto (by hitting the auto button, yes) and then take it out of auto by selecting the compartments I want airflow to. This step takes you out of full auto (it won't try to guess what compartments are best for you, won't turn on the A?C, etc) BUT the fan still stays in an auto function. Now the fan will chase the heating or cooling demand automatically based on what temperature I select. I think it's pretty neat. Several ways to operate it all though. Just play with it.
    NoXiDe and JimT like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting, many good points and explanations.

Thanks all.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm not real good with electronics but I may be wrong but if I want the air conditioner to keep car at same temp inside I turn the two silver wheels (for lack of what to call them) up or down to the temperature reading I want at each side of top of screen. Then push auto and then push air. And fan will go up and down to keep car cool at temp I have set at left and right top. For heat in winter same procedure but do not push air button. I don't think it will automatically switch between air and heat to keep car at same temp summer and winter. I know if I want nice cold air at temp I've set at both sides at the top of screen I have to also push the air button along with auto. And in the winter I set both top temps where I want them push auto button (but not air button) and it stays nice and toasty at temps I've set with the fan also fluctuating up and down accordingly.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Johnny...you should not have to manually turn on the A/C after hitting auto to get the A/C on. It should be on. If it’s not, for some reason it doesn’t think it’s needed for the temp you’ve selected. Also, if you’re having to se the two temps independently, you are not in dual mode. On the screen (only) there’s a button on there somewhere that says dual.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been a fan of "auto" HVAC in Ford vehicles for years.

The wife on the other hand needs only a switch between max heat and max AC - the fan is on full throttle and the temp is set to whatever max heat/cool the season requires. She regulates the temperature with how far the window is down.

Thankfully she can't drive a manual transmission car so the Shelby is safe.
    ringmaster likes this.
    2018 GT350 - Race Red w/o stripes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors