GT350 4K Road Trip 1 week
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

This is a discussion on GT350 4K Road Trip 1 week within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Hi Guys I just came back from 4000 KM road trip from Canada East Coast. I live in Toronto and I went on road trip ...

Thread: GT350 4K Road Trip 1 week

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Guys
    I just came back from 4000 KM road trip from Canada East Coast. I live in Toronto and I went on road trip with my wife and 2 kids (12 yrs old Boy and 5 yr old Daughter) to Prince Edward Island. It was a 1 week round trip.
    My wife insisted on taking SUV in place of Shelby. She said its going to be uncomfortable and cant carry all the luggage. I thought about it and said OK lets take 7 seater Infinity SUV.
    A day before the trip I thought about it again and thought about driving GT350 on the sexy roads uphills. I just bought this in April and I can not stop driving it.
    It had 6500 KM on it when I bought it and today after few months its at 15000 ….this includes 4000KM road trip. I know this is bad but I did not want to miss the fun of blasting GT350 through curvey roads of Quebec.

Now I feel kina bad that I put extra 4K on it in 1 week.

What are your thoughts on this? I am taking it to dealer tomorrow for service. The dealer I bought the car from did oil change before delivery and they put a sticker on the wind shield for next oil change at 14K. I was on trip when I passed 14K and now at 15K im gonna do oil change.

My question is Is there any negative affect of this? I mean I went over by 1K . Is this really that bad?

I did notice a change in Engine sound in neutral gear. I heard that elongated sound when I reved. I hope everything is OK..

Just to add to this I want to let you guys know that on the way to PEI (Prince Edward Island) I stopped after every 3 rs or so and tool 3 days to get there. But on the way back I drove 1000KM in one day with 3 stops of 30 mins. Gas fill ups etc. Second day I drove 700 Km with 2 stops of 30 mins.

My wife wanted to get home asap so I just pushed it to the limit. Now after I heard that change in sound it made me rethink everything.

May be it was just running little hot and be fine tomorrow. I checked all gauges and nothing was in Red zone,

Please share your thoughts.. I know its a V8 beast and should be able to handle this much but I need to hear from you experienced guys out there,,

Thanks in advance.

Oh I did take lot of pictures of my Shelby. One last thing I want to add is since the drive involved highways at night there are lot of dead bugs, flies, wasps etc at the front. Gonna wash my baby tomorrow. Any special instructions??
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    GT350 Race Red with White Stripes

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nothing wrong with going 1K over on it. I assume the dealer used spec oil. But did you check the oil level on your trip? Given that these engines use oil, it’s a good idea to check it often.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DCShelby View Post
    Nothing wrong with going 1K over on it. I assume the dealer used spec oil. But did you check the oil level on your trip? Given that these engines use oil, it’s a good idea to check it often.
    Last Oil change was done by the dealer that I bought the car. I have not checked the oil level
    GT350 Race Red with White Stripes

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Going over shouldn't be an issue. The recommended intervals for the oil change are best to be followed, but the oil degrades based on driving conditions. If the car wasn't tracked hard or driven in adverse conditions I doubt the oil broke down enough that it wouldn't be able to adequately lubricate the motor. I would venture to guess the changes you heard in the engine were just you being hyper sensitive and your mind playing tricks on you.

Change the oil and keep putting those miles on.

By chance were you on the Ace of Spades Rally?

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors