Things You Might Not Know About Your Car - Page 8
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Things You Might Not Know About Your Car

This is a discussion on Things You Might Not Know About Your Car within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Hey Guys, I found an awesome new feature, quite by accident yesterday!! There's a pedal under the drivers side dash to the right side of ...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Things You Might Not Know About Your Car

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hey Guys, I found an awesome new feature, quite by accident yesterday!! There's a pedal under the drivers side dash to the right side of the footwell. I have found if you first switch off the TC via the toggle in the center stack then mash down on the pedal, wonderful things happen; 1) the sound is like an Italian symphony, 2) the rear wheels will spin like crazy and, 3) the car will drive sideways...and get this, shift into 2nd gear and it will do it all over again

Seriously, this thread is both informative and funny, good start Racer172 and Galaxy!!
    racer172 and aveisone like this.
    2017 GT350 / Lightning Blue / Electronics Pkg...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HotLap View Post
    Hey Guys, I found an awesome new feature, quite by accident yesterday!! There's a pedal under the drivers side dash to the right side of the footwell. I have found if you first switch off the TC via the toggle in the center stack then mash down on the pedal, wonderful things happen; 1) the sound is like an Italian symphony, 2) the rear wheels will spin like crazy and, 3) the car will drive sideways...and get this, shift into 2nd gear and it will do it all over again
    sounds like you are talking about turning TC completely off. I watched a video on this and just turning to off in the app is not enough, you have to hold down one of the buttons for like 5 sec and then it completely turns TC off. Don't think you need to crawl under the floorboard though.
    2017 GT350 - Shadow Black / White Stripes

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This compartment is designed to fit the owners manual perfectly so you can actually put things in your glove box like... I dunno, gloves?
    ringmaster and sbrooks64 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by racer172 View Post
    sounds like you are talking about turning TC completely off. I watched a video on this and just turning to off in the app is not enough, you have to hold down one of the buttons for like 5 sec and then it completely turns TC off. Don't think you need to crawl under the floorboard though.
    Sorry for the confusion racer172, I was funning about stomping on the gas pedal
    racer172 and ringmaster like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

GT350 OEM Alloy Wheels... Stamped FoMoCo but also Made in China

Most folks know the GT350R Carbon Fiber Wheels come from supplier Carbon Revolution in Australia...

But have you looked at the inside/backside of your black OEM GT350 alloy wheels? They of course have the expected FoMoCo, DOT, wheel dimensions, and other annotations, but they also say... "Made in China..."

Domestic/North American sourced parts content has been dropping in Fords. The last fleet average I could find was 65% back in a 2011 MOTORTREND article. In 2015 MOTORTREND again featured a top 15 vehicles (USA/North American parts content) article and Ford didn't make that list. Also a 2015 Fortune article noted both Ford and Chrysler's absence from the top the list.

The good news is Mustang is the highest selling sport coupe globally "125,809 Mustang coupes and convertibles were sold last year, across 146 different countries." More than Camaro, or the Mopar offerings - more than a third of Mustang sales in 2017 were overseas.

Google "The big Ford Mustang global risk paid off" for Slash Gear's April 2018 article at this link https://www.slashgear.com/the-big-fo...-off-17527667/ .
    Last edited by GT350Old&New; 04-19-2018 at 08:10 PM.
    HotLap likes this.
    16 GT350 5.2L Competition Orange w/White Stripes
    70 Mustang Convertible 351C Candy Apple Red, White Interior
    69 Mach I 351W Candy Apple Red White Interior (sold)
    67 Shelby GT350 289HiPo Wimbledon White w/Guardsman Blue Stripes
    66 Mustang GT 289 Candy Apple Red White Interior (sold)
    Jeeps, trucks, trailers, tractor/loader/backhoe

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GT350Old&New View Post
    Most folks know the GT350R Carbon Fiber Wheels come from supplier Carbon Revolution in Australia...

But have you looked at the inside/backside of your black OEM GT350 alloy wheels? They of course have the expected FoMoCo, DOT, wheel dimensions, and other annotations, but they also say... "Made in China..."

Domestic/North American sourced parts content has been dropping in Fords. The last fleet average I could find was 65% back in a 2011 MOTORTREND article. In 2015 MOTORTREND again featured a top 15 vehicles (USA/North American parts content) article and Ford didn't make that list. Also a 2015 Fortune article noted both Ford and Chrysler's absence from the top the list.

The good news is Mustang is the highest selling sport coups globally "125,809 Mustang coupes and convertibles were sold last year, across 146 different countries." More than Camaro, or the Mopar offerings - more than a third of Mustang sales in 2017 were overseas.

Google "The big Ford Mustang global risk paid off" for Slash Gear's April 2018 article at this link https://www.slashgear.com/the-big-fo...-off-17527667/ .
    Nice read thanks for the link!! Happy to see the Mustang being readily received outside of the USA...an iconic legend for sure - thank you Lee Iacocca!
    GT350Old&New likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    HotLap: The other bit on Mustang news is they are bringing its marketing image back to NASCAR replacing the Fusion (though in reality it's only a grill shape, since the rest of the NASCAR vehicles/engines are spec'ed out...
    16 GT350 5.2L Competition Orange w/White Stripes
    70 Mustang Convertible 351C Candy Apple Red, White Interior
    69 Mach I 351W Candy Apple Red White Interior (sold)
    67 Shelby GT350 289HiPo Wimbledon White w/Guardsman Blue Stripes
    66 Mustang GT 289 Candy Apple Red White Interior (sold)
    Jeeps, trucks, trailers, tractor/loader/backhoe

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GT350Old&New View Post
    HotLap: The other bit on Mustang news is they are bringing its marketing image back to NASCAR replacing the Fusion (though in reality it's only a grill shape, since the rest of the NASCAR vehicles/engines are spec'ed out...
    I just read that yesterday! I have heard rumors that Ford might be discontinuing the Fusion, hard to believe as it is a good seller for them...if so will be interested to see what they replace it with?

Just checked out your signature line, please post pics of your vintage Stangs (if you still have them)?

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    There’s a physical key inside the key fob and there’s a slot for it on the underside of the drivers door handle. Have to slide the cover off the handle to reveal the slot, but it’s there.
    yeah how do you get the key out of the key fob? I've been able to open up the key fob but I don't see how to slide the key out of it.
    2017 GT350 - Shadow Black / White Stripes

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I accidentally pushed the headrest forward instead of up, and found out it is adjustable forward and back! I can move them forward until it stops and it will go all the way back to normal. Nice! Maybe just news to me! haha!
    vudu367 likes this.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors