Ceramic coating - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Ceramic coating

This is a discussion on Ceramic coating within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Had mine done at First Class Auto Sports in Miami three months after I purchased the car and can highly recommend them. Also got a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Ceramic coating

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Had mine done at First Class Auto Sports in Miami three months after I purchased the car and can highly recommend them. Also got a quote from Sheer Signature Detailing but decided to go with First Class.

They also did the clear bra using Suntek (full front bumper, hood and mirrors) and ceramic coating on the whole car on top of the foil. Have oxford white with blue stripes and the air gap between the edge of the stripe and paint is almost invisible.
    I chose to go with foil over the stripes as I didn't want them cutting the foil around the stripes as it still creates small gap which would allow dust to get in.

Overall I am very happy with the results, gives me peace of mind against the chips and have to wash the car once in two weeks only. Pricey but in my opinion worth the investment if you want to keep the car for some time.
    HotLap likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Had mine done at First Class Auto Sports in Miami three months after I purchased the car and can highly recommend them. Also got a quote from Sheer Signature Detailing but decided to go with First Class.

They also did the clear bra using Suntek (full front bumper, hood and mirrors) and ceramic coating on the whole car on top of the foil. Have oxford white with blue stripes and the air gap between the edge of the stripe and paint is almost invisible.
    I chose to go with foil over the stripes as I didn't want them cutting the foil around the stripes as it still creates small gap which would allow dust to get in.

Overall I am very happy with the results, gives me peace of mind against the chips and have to wash the car once in two weeks only. Pricey but in my opinion worth the investment if you want to keep the car for some time.
    Nice, post a pic sometime when you have it freshly detailed!!
    2017 GT350 / Lightning Blue / Electronics Pkg...

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has anyone heard of Feynlab self heal lite? I am considering having that applied to the part of the car that does not have the Xpel film on it, and the wheels, of course. I can't find any pros and cons of that product or any ceramic coatings years down the road. The only thing I have seen is videos about how hard it would be to get it off. I plan to keep this car for many years, so I don't want to screw up my paint by applying something that will deteriorate down the road. My second thought was just to apply it to my wheels only. I have had my car for one year already, and I am already seeing fine lines on the paint. Any ideas or experience out there?

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvansT View Post
    I put XPEL on the front of my car and then had Ceramic Paint Protection put on the whole car. I am very happy with the results.
    I finally pulled the trigger and had the ceramic coating applied. It makes the Ruby Red pop! The wheels look a lot better also. Thanks to Relentless Shine, San Antonio.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by DTorres31; 06-02-2018 at 02:53 PM.
    extrachrispy and ringmaster like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You'll like it even more the first time you go to wash it and see how quick and easy it is!
    2018 GT350, Ruby Red w/black stripe, conv. pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by extrachrispy View Post
    You'll like it even more the first time you go to wash it and see how quick and easy it is!
    I can't wait! Hopefully it won't rain in the next two weeks! I have to wait before I can wash it. But, yeah, that color is insane now.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DTorres31 View Post
    I can't wait! Hopefully it won't rain in the next two weeks! I have to wait before I can wash it. But, yeah, that color is insane now.
    I had to wait three weeks with mine (Modesta over Suntek PPF). It got a lot of pollen, dead bugs, and some bird poop on it. That all came off just fine without a single blemish!

Big chance of rain here in Austin overnight Sunday/Monday. I don't know if that extends all the way down to you. I have another car to drive when it rains (2013 Ford Focus SE).
    DTorres31 likes this.
    2018 GT350, Ruby Red w/black stripe, conv. pkg.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    20% chance of rain here. haha!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DTorres31 View Post
    I finally pulled the trigger and had the ceramic coating applied. It makes the Ruby Red pop! The wheels look a lot better also. Thanks to Relentless Shine, San Antonio.
    That Ruby Red really pops. Looks great!
    DTorres31 and extrachrispy like this.
    2018 GT350, Orange Fury, black stripes/white accent, Convenience Pkg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors