Random Misfire problem. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Random Misfire problem.

This is a discussion on Random Misfire problem. within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; Originally Posted by cdmudd So My 2016 GT 350 #G0484 tonight is still in the shop at my local Ford Dealer. It has had a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Random Misfire problem.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdmudd View Post
    So My 2016 GT 350 #G0484 tonight is still in the shop at my local Ford Dealer. It has had a random misfire since purchase that only seems to happen between 2,500 and 4,00 RPM. This is the second dealer to look at this, they call it a "Random Misfire". I am told that it moves around between 6 of the 8 cylinders. Calls today to the FORD Hot line have gone un-answered as have E-mails according to Sunnyvale Ford here in the SF Bay Area. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Does anyone have a good Contact at Ford Performance that i can call.

I asked to have the oil changes as am heading to Thunder Hill on the 22nd for an open track day, the Car has less than 2,500 miles and i was also told that, when they checked., the oil level it was 4 1/2 quarts low... no clue on this as well..

Thanks

Charlie Major
    650-814-9971
    Did you happen to note your temps and oil pressure when the engine was that low on oil? A friend of mine used 6 qts in 3000 miles. He would notice a knock and lower oil pressure, check oil level, and be over a qt low. He ultimately got a new engine on warranty. I would check your oil more frequently and try to refill once it's a qt low.

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    cdmudd,
    Did you ever figure out what your issue was? I just purchased a 2016 and I am experiencing the exact same issues with P0300, P0306 and P0308. The car starts great and drives great for about the first minute... always. Then the car when cruising at low RPM will begin to act up. You can ease into the gas when it is acting up and it feels like a few cylinders are dead and then it will clean up and be just fine. I pulled all the plugs on the driver bank and 5 and 7 look great and 6 and 8 plugs are black and sooty. I cleared the codes and swapped the coil packs and plugs between 5&6 and 7&8 and went for a test drive with the exact same results and the exact same codes. I bought the car with very minor front bumper damage. The wiring for the two side impact sensors where damaged but have since been repaired. I also noticed the vacuum line going to boost reference sensor under the pulley on the whipple was unplugged but has since been fixed and I am sure unrelated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chris

Member #
    Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just a quick update... I performed a "misfire monitor neutral correction" at a Ford dealer today and my misfire and DTCs are gone and the car is running great. It turns out the previous owner pulled the clutch before he sold the car and didn't perform a relearn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors