Rear Bumper Issues - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Rear Bumper Issues

This is a discussion on Rear Bumper Issues within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I had the same issue with rear bumper. I actually took my car to Ford Dealership Dixi Ford dealership, Mississauga, Ontario Canada. This is when ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Rear Bumper Issues

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had the same issue with rear bumper. I actually took my car to Ford Dealership Dixi Ford dealership, Mississauga, Ontario Canada.
    This is when the shit broke loose. Because of that one mistake I had to go to dealer once every other week!! They messed up my car so BAD!!

Originally my Trunk Lid had gap, so I took my car to Dealer.

1st Visit- Service lady said our tech will be here next week and he will take some measurements and then will fix only if its out of Ford spec.

2nd Visit- Tech took measurements and took pictures. They asked me to come again and drop off the car to Body shop.

3rd Visit- Dropped the car and picked up next day. Trunk was fixed. I was happy and drove home. Later that day when I was inspecting trunk I noticed the Gap in rear Bumper and few paint nicks in the bumper. There was absolutely no gap before It seemed in order to fix the trunk lid alignment they had to take the bumper off or put some sort of pressure between bumper and trunk lid.

4th Visit- took my car back and dealer, they agreed to get it fixed from same body shop but had to come back again another day.

5th Visit- They asked me to visit the their Ford approved Body shop (Atlantic Auto Body Shop) and show them the car. Body Shop guys said they can fix it and need to order brackets from Ford and may need to repaint the whole bumper ...!! and they need to get approval from Ford Canada.

6 rd visit- Dealer got approval for repaint but I decided not to paint the bumper but just get the Gap fixed.

7 th visit- Dropped the car, bumper was fixed. Again i was happy and drove home only to find out later that my rear trunk release does not work

8th Visit- Took the car back to Ford Dealer to show them the issue and they said we will try to fix it in house. They tried but couldnt , they said we have to send it back to body shop again.

9th visit- Dropped the car and picked up next day. Trunk release is good but now they messed up my rear bumper white stripes below number plate. I sent them pictures and complained again.

10th visit- Took the car back so they can see in person. They said they will order the stripes and install.

This is where I refused to go back to the same Body Shop. Now its already winter and I have stored my car. Ford Dealer said they will find another body shop for me that will install when I take my car out again in summer this year .

Can you imagine my frustration !!! I complained to dealer about that Body shop but no action was taken. Anyway it was most frustrating experience.

SO my suggestion to all of you guys is If you have minor cosmetic issues do not go back to Ford Dealer. They will mess it up. Go to someone you trust. Ford Dealers and their Body shop guys will make you go back again and again and take money from Ford because car is under warranty!!!
    Last edited by BaljinderSidhu; 01-16-2019 at 06:27 PM.
    GT350 Race Red with White Stripes

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaljinderSidhu View Post
    I had the same issue with rear bumper. I actually took my car to Ford Dealership Dixi Ford dealership, Mississauga, Ontario Canada.
    This is when the shit broke loose. Because of that one mistake I had to go to dealer once every other week!! They messed up my car so BAD!!

Originally my Trunk Lid had gap, so I took my car to Dealer.

1st Visit- Service lady said our tech will be here next week and he will take some measurements and then will fix only if its out of Ford spec.

2nd Visit- Tech took measurements and took pictures. They asked me to come again and drop off the car to Body shop.

3rd Visit- Dropped the car and picked up next day. Trunk was fixed. I was happy and drove home. Later that day when I was inspecting trunk I noticed the Gap in rear Bumper and few paint nicks in the bumper. There was absolutely no gap before It seemed in order to fix the trunk lid alignment they had to take the bumper off or put some sort of pressure between bumper and trunk lid.

4th Visit- took my car back and dealer, they agreed to get it fixed from same body shop but had to come back again another day.

5th Visit- They asked me to visit the their Ford approved Body shop (Atlantic Auto Body Shop) and show them the car. Body Shop guys said they can fix it and need to order brackets from Ford and may need to repaint the whole bumper ...!! and they need to get approval from Ford Canada.

6 rd visit- Dealer got approval for repaint but I decided not to paint the bumper but just get the Gap fixed.

7 th visit- Dropped the car, bumper was fixed. Again i was happy and drove home only to find out later that my rear trunk release does not work

8th Visit- Took the car back to Ford Dealer to show them the issue and they said we will try to fix it in house. They tried but couldnt , they said we have to send it back to body shop again.

9th visit- Dropped the car and picked up next day. Trunk release is good but now they messed up my rear bumper white stripes below number plate. I sent them pictures and complained again.

10th visit- Took the car back so they can see in person. They said they will order the stripes and install.

This is where I refused to go back to the same Body Shop. Now its already winter and I have stored my car. Ford Dealer said they will find another body shop for me that will install when I take my car out again in summer this year .

Can you imagine my frustration !!! I complained to dealer about that Body shop but no action was taken. Anyway it was most frustrating experience.

SO my suggestion to all of you guys is If you have minor cosmetic issues do not go back to Ford Dealer. They will mess it up. Go to someone you trust. Ford Dealers and their Body shop guys will make you go back again and again and take money from Ford because car is under warranty!!!
    As for my rear bumper - took it to my selling dealer - a smaller old school dealer. They kept it two days and did the work in house. Bumper fixed and after a year still looks perfect..... As for me I stay away from the large corp like dealers.
    2017 Shelby GT 350
    1966 Mustang Coupe 5 Speed / Ford Racing 306 / Total Control Coil Over and power Rack / IDIDIT Col / T 5
    2018 F250 Lariat 4X4
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4 Summit EcoDiesel

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I just picked mine up from Family Ford Body Shop in NJ. The manager Craig was very nice and told me that there is no way to do it in the Ford estimated and paid 1.7h. I offered to pay extra for the time, so he can do it perfect but he refused and said he does it perfect anyway.

I was stupid and did not make pictures before, but it was as bad as most with a huge gap at the tail light area, especially on the drivers side. See the attached pictures, left side is now nearly perfect, right side is not Audi quality but totally acceptable.

No scratches, 5 miles driven (a little joyride around town is "ok" for me as long as nothing is messed up) and everything else seems to be ok as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    German, living the American way in NJ

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thats one of the best looking ones I've seen fixed. So many either turn out worse when they were done or one side ok but other not. Since we only have a small dealership here on my 16 and then 17 I was afraid to take it to them in fear of them screwing them up worse. Both cars gaped noticeably. Just learned to live with it. The 17 did have a much wider gap on the lower trunk lid edge on one side then the other side but they had body shop fix that and it came out fine. Looks good!

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You guys will get a kick out of this. I took mine to Ford to due the TSB before it was outside of warranty. I take it to the body shop and the guys were like... we've done it but the outcome isn't the outcome you're going to want customer. In fact, we strongly suggest you don't due the TSB and you allow us just to remove the bumper and reseat everything. I said, whatever it takes to make it look like it just got out of the factory. FYI, I believe they got paid as if they had applied the TSB.

Outcome, well I went in with no issues and can't tell if what they did made any difference but I guess since it's not wildly noticeable to me I'll just call it okay for now at least. It's bound to gap eventually... I'm sure.
    johnny1 likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors