Driverside Wiper Arm
Close
Login to Your Account
Mustang GT350 Forum

Driverside Wiper Arm

This is a discussion on Driverside Wiper Arm within the Mustang GT350 General Discussions forums, part of the Mustang GT350 Forum category; I washed my car today, and I noticed that the wiper arm rubbed up against the hood. Luckily I have the paint protection film on ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Michael P

Thread: Driverside Wiper Arm

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Driverside Wiper Arm

I washed my car today, and I noticed that the wiper arm rubbed up against the hood. Luckily I have the paint protection film on it and it scratched that instead of the paint. Does anybody else have that issue? I also noticed the decklid bumps the bumper when I close the trunk! Very aggravating. It does not look like it is on crooked at all.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes to lift the drivers side wiper arm you have to turn wipers on and stop the car with them at least half way up. Do want you need to do them. There is a little blurb about it in the owners manual. My drivers side door, the top leading edge, hits the front fender. I had to adjust the fender to stop that from happening and touch the paint up on the door. several folks have the paint scraped off their hood because of the wiper arm.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I bought a 2005 Buick Century awhile back in good shape for a beater car and have noticed both side wiper arms on it can not be raised without hitting the hood. The whole side of the arms prevents you from even accidentally pulling past edge of hood and scratching the paint.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GT350.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow! Thanks navbtcret! I didn't think of reading the supplement manual about replacing wiper blades. At least I only damaged my paint protection this time.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You aren't the only one with this issue. My dealer scratched my hood prior to me taking possession of the car. Even though the manual does tell you to service them, you need the driver side in the mid sweep position, there should be a better warning as the first thing the dealer will do will prep the car which includes wiping the windshield
    DTorres31 likes this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    You aren't the only one with this issue. My dealer scratched my hood prior to me taking possession of the car. Even though the manual does tell you to service them, you need the driver side in the mid sweep position, there should be a better warning as the first thing the dealer will do will prep the car which includes wiping the windshield
    Bummer, I think I'm going to have my dealer NOT wash the car just to avoid any damages, etc. I made them all swear not to drill the front bumper for the plate bracket and going to install the splitter install myself to make sure its done correctly.
    2017 GT350 / Lightning Blue / Electronics Pkg...

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors